Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Flying with camera disconnected ?

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Help' started by morph000, Dec 16, 2014.

1. morph000

Can I fly the v2+ with the 3 cables disconnected from the camera without any adverse affects (like crashing) ?

Due to a camera issue it's in a warranty replacement phase, but the withdrawal symptoms grow too great :twisted:

If I disconnect the 3 cables from the camera unit can I fly (without wifi feed for sure, but neither here nor there) without the disconnected camera causing some form of system malfunction or other issue ?

2. Meta4

Meta4 Moderator
    Staff Member

Yes you can fly - but you'll have no telemetry to show you height, speed, satellites or battery level.

3. morph000

I pulled off the damaged camera today, pulled it apart to have a look and see how it all goes together and what's involved in replacing the black cable.
    Not too hard really but the cable adhesive makes it a bit of a pain...

Anyway, I powered up the v2+ minus camera unit, but the front LEDs are OFF until I power up the motors, which all spun up ok. but the front LEDs are solid red when the motors are on.
    Is this a diagnostic code saying camera error or similar or did the crash cause damage (ESC?) or does the v2+ need a calibration or what ?