Flying over a closed stadium and racetrack?

Reaction score
I did some research before posting but received mixed answers. There is a minor league baseball stadium and 1/3 mile oval racetrack close to me. Both are closed for the Winter. I'd like to fly over to get some good pictures and video. They would be posted on Facebook and maybe YouTube. Are there any laws that say that I shouldn't?

Hello - the rule is that you can't fly over them during a game. When there is no game - or other event, then it is not against the FAA rules (and probably not even against that town's rules). However, it is still private property. I recently flew at the Rose Bowl Stadium (no event/game). The security did not hassle me whatsoever. I was trying to be respectful so I didn't actually fly right over the stadium - but kept to the outskirts (about 30 feet from the edge of the stadium and about 200 feet high). Personally - I don't think the security would have hassled me even if I did a quick flyby over the stadium. Anyway - my point is that you are not breaking any FAA rule (check your municipal rules). Still private property so just be respectful and pull back if asked. Oh - here is the Rose Bowl video (sorry - still fairly new at drones so not the best video - but a decent first attempt!)

Reactions: microraptor
WOW_blimp.2032736_std.jpg
Just watching the Chelsea v Liverpool game and there is drone footage. How did they get permission.?
Maybe something like this? These type of small blimps are used a lot in the US.
WOW_blimp.2032736_std.jpg

Do you shoot their special events? I goto most of those.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl