Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Flying in the fog

Discussion in 'Photos and Video' started by lyonaerials, Feb 10, 2014.

1. lyonaerials

2. Ton4

3. FangsCPO

Didn't it come back down wet? I know mine had a little moisture when I did that. I told myself, never again.

4. DaveTown

I've flown in fog, with similar results. Lots of condensation. I don't think the water had any negative effects, but during the flight, the fog suddenly closed in, and I lost sight of the Phantom. I knew ABOUT where it was, and decided to try to land where it was. It ended up clipping a pole, and crashing in a driveway. Broke a prop and threw a retainer. I learned my lesson, and won't do that again.

5. soonerjeeper

I took mine up through the fog twice. Went all the way above the fog/cloud layer. The first time was a fail. It took forever to get through it and it was a pretty wet fog. The lens was really blurry so I had to bring it back. The second time was prime and got a great video out of it.

6. lyonaerials

There was a little moisture on it, not too bad. Almost as if the blades were drying it off as it flew. I wasnt up too long. I guess a little risky but I love the shots.

7. FlyingHigh

Anyone see the drone footage on CNN today? Somebody went flying the snowstorm out east and sent the footage to CNN. Ballsy... Stupid, but ballsy