Flying in salty air.

Reaction score
I live in central Florida, so I do have the pleasure of both our east and west coasts, being within an hours drive. My concern is, all that salty spray will cause my Vision plus to corrode at an extreme rate. I can tell you that when I was in high school, we used to go to New Smyrna Beach several times a week. We would always park on the beach and our vehicles would always have a film of salt all over them. I usually tried to stop and wash my cars before driving home, even if it was just after a few hours of being on the beach. That **** salt, would get into every nook and cranny, making it seem like everything would just rust from within. It's like washing our cars, would only force salt deeper into the wounds. I no longer take any of my cars on the beach, unless of course, it's a rental. :lol: Since I haven't won the lottery yet, nor do I have the luxury to purchase a bunch of Phantoms, I think I'll just play it safe and stay inland. Just wondering if anybody has the same concern or had that unfortunate experience with corrosion yet?

+1. Stay in-land my friend ;)

Living is S Fl I have seen what it does to the beachfront homes in my county.
"Rust never sleeps".

Thay make what they can out of copper :eek:
Gutters, d-spouts, lamps and fixtures, railings, ... you get the idea :cool: ($$$).

However we see alot of coastal and other ocean related vids so I guess it comes downt to your preference for the exposure.

I'm about 3 miles from the east coast and it's far enough to be free of the corrosion worries.

I've only owned my Vision+ for less than a month, but I've been happy that the weather is cooling off and becoming less humid here in Ohio. I'm not even sure if humid air corrodes electronics, but gut feeling tells me it does. I'll sleep easier at night knowing I got a couple more months of drier air to fly that beauty. :mrgreen:

You got a bigger sack than me flying your new Plus around salty air. I seen the kind of damage salty roads do to my cars in the winter, so put that crap in the air and it prolly has the same nasty effects on sensitive electronics!

:oops:

just clean up after the flight. wet towel and take the salt out no way around it. try not to get the spray.

I037742209083_P290619_500X500.jpg

04016.jpg

Wont hurt the circuits or the plastic :mrgreen:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing