Flying from inside house or car anyone?

So I finally had a chance to fly using my itelite panel antenna. I flew straight south like normal and went over 2 miles no problem as long as I kept the panel pointed right. So that means that something is wrong with my antennas on the roof, I guess.

This is the numbers from my antenna booster.
View attachment 91690
Your antennas and boosters are probably no good anymore and need to be sent to my address for disposal........

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
The new update requires more memory so where I didn't have to do this before, I had to start using a lesser video quality and couldn't use auto channel anymore. Now fly on channel 20 and 6mbps with no problems. Have you tried changing any of these settings yet?
"What's a update?"..............

Reactions: JohnnyB
4f70f6f53baa211addba5b021d54cb18.jpg
All from the comport of my truck. Remote car kit, Atlas Antenna, Titan drones and last but not least FlyFly Drones [emoji574]️[emoji383]

Last edited:
Here is my latest amp/antenna build. Using a Maxx uav 14db panel and 20db(RX) Rf-Linx amps. The module can be removed from the tripod and set on a dash or roof of the vehicle. It also doubles as a mobile microwave oven to cook eggs and bacon while out in the field.

20171213_170742.jpg 20171213_170654.jpg 20171213_170723.jpg

Here is my latest amp/antenna build. Using a Maxx uav 14db panel and 20db(RX) Rf-Linx amps. The module can be removed from the tripod and set on a dash or roof of the vehicle. It also doubles as a mobile microwave oven to cook eggs and bacon while out in the field.

View attachment 92188 View attachment 92189 View attachment 92190
Son.. that's about as good as it gets!! Brilliant! I love the direct mount of the RF-Linx and the way it looks on the tripod... Then you with the Goggles standing behind it... And eggs and bacon a few meters ahead... Love it! Super great build Gram!

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
All wrong on so many levels.

Flying BVLOS is one of the most dangerous things you can do with a drone.

Not to mention it’s against FAA regulations.

So I finally had a chance to fly using my itelite panel antenna. I flew straight south like normal and went over 2 miles no problem as long as I kept the panel pointed right. So that means that something is wrong with my antennas on the roof, I guess.

This is the numbers from my antenna booster.
View attachment 91690

According to this document for the rf-Linx 2400LTX, the RFI reading is for a TX cycle only..... last paragraph
1896f6b953f17dd7044e03e05a8a0ac8.jpg

Surprised you guys haven’t started figuring out a way to mount a gimbal on those car mounted antennas. You could then fly while driving. ;). Haha

Reactions: JohnnyB

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart