Flying at an airport?

Reaction score
I'm an aviation photographer and airshow performer (pyro displays). I regularly work within DJI's airport restricted zones. I'm getting more requests for drone photos/video at aviation events. I have an sUAS certificate and I always work in close coordination with the airport and/or airshow air-boss so there is no legal restriction on the flight.

Is there any way to get DJI's geo-fencing to allow flight within an airport restricted zone?

I'm not really interested in disabling the GPS or similar tricks.
I was hoping there was some way to have the restriction lifted via the "self-unlock" system.

Cheers,

Geoff S.

Hello @GeoffSdotNet and welcome to the Phantom Pilots forum. We are glad to have you on board. I'm confident you'll find lots of helpful and enlightening information throughout this forum.

If you haven't already done so, consider adding your LOCATION to your forum profile to help us know where you are when you post suggestions or ask for assistance. It helps a lot more than you might think especially because this is an international forum with members are from all parts of the world. Here's a direct link to yours:

https://phantompilots.com/account/personal-details

In reference to your original question: I think if it's a RED ZONE you'll have to submit your credentials and approvals to DJI and get the "Special" DJI Go Ap for that location. I haven't done one personally so I can't speak intelligently about it unfortunately.

Safe Flights!
Allen

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumperswaves