Flying a P3 and P4 simultaneous

Reaction score
Hi there.

I'm wanting to go flying my Phantom 4 with a friend who has a Phantom 3. Will there be any issues with frequencies clashing. I'd hate for one of us to lose one with the frequency. We both have only just bought them in January this year.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I'm wanting to go flying my Phantom 4 with a friend who has a Phantom 3. Will there be any issues with frequencies clashing. I'd hate for one of us to lose one with the frequency.
No problem. The worst you might see is interference if the controllers are too close to each other - and if you do just move apart - about 20 feet should fix it.

Thanks Meta4.

Will this be the same advice even if they were both the same models (two x P4's) and just so I don't have to ask again :-

When another friend buys one, are we all ok to go go flying together?

Is there a safe amount of drones we can fly together before we have to look into changing someone's frequency?

I seem to have set a trend for my mates to buy one [emoji847][emoji847][emoji847]

There will be interferences clashes and data lost within the informations exchanged between all devices seeing each others - BUT - this is managed thru agile frequency system.

Find video explaining the concept ;
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: P4_Lee
With reasonable physical separation between you you won't see any issues, both AC and controllers will play nicelly in hopping around frequencies to share the available channels. Same as they will when you fly in your back yard and they share with your neighbours wifi networks.

Brilliant. The video at first sounded complicated but by the end, it made very good sense. Shame the wind was 20-30mph today - went for a trial run but not worth it. Will go hopping around another day.

Thanks guys for your help.

Reactions: RémyHeli

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen