Flying a P2V+ without the camera

Reaction score
My son totaled a plus and the camera ribbon was severed but the bird fly quite well. The gimbal is now toast....... So I have stuck a 900mhz transmitter/camera on it for FPV. It is doing quite well but it won't calibrate the compass in the usual way since I don't have the Assistant to look at on a phone. I calibrated the IMU. Any idea how to do a compass calibration? Are there any schematics available to see how the + is wired? ( to remove crap that isn't needed)

Flip the S1 switch fully down/up 5-6 time quickly until the lights turn yellow and then do the dance.

With the Dronexpert.nl quickrelease you can fly without any camera and still see all that the app shows, battery life, sattelites, and all, but no video obviously. Unless you buy vision+ sleeve or a zenmuse sleeve witch will alow you to use a zenmuse gimbal and a gopro. If you got the money, then that is a great solution.

PS. They will start shipping out in 1 or 2 weeks.

http://dronexpert.nl/product/pre-order- ... -2-vision/

ado said:
With the Dronexpert.nl quickrelease you can fly without any camera and still see all that the app shows, battery life, sattelites, and all, but no video obviously. Unless you buy vision+ sleeve or a zenmuse sleeve witch will alow you to use a zenmuse gimbal and a gopro. If you got the money, then that is a great solution.

PS. They will start shipping out in 1 or 2 weeks.

http://dronexpert.nl/product/pre-order- ... -2-vision/

Thanks, that would be the answer. It doesn't look as if you can buy the "Quickrelease" by itself....I'm waiting on a reply from the company and will report when I do. This may help a bunch of us with busted cameras but flyable machines.

Keuka said:
Flip the S1 switch fully down/up 5-6 time quickly until the lights turn yellow and then do the dance.

I've e done that a bunch. Can't get the solid yellow lights.

Petereesha said:
Keuka said:

I've e done that a bunch. Can't get the solid yellow lights.

Switched to NAZA mode and it now does a compass calibration.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl