Fly away

Reaction score
So yesterday I was flying a forty-acre parcel for a buyer when my P4P obsidian decided it wanted to misbehave and flew away, never to return. Sooo I am waiting to see if DJI is going to replace it, but if not I will be looking for another, I don't believe I will need any accessories like remote or batteries.

So yesterday I was flying a forty-acre parcel for a buyer when my P4P obsidian decided it wanted to misbehave and flew away, never to return. Sooo I am waiting to see if DJI is going to replace it, but if not I will be looking for another, I don't believe I will need any accessories like remote or batteries.
Can you post flight log might be able to find it that way

I have looked through the flight log, and find my drone app. It shows up to the last point it had contact with the remote. Unfortunately, I could hear the drone flying for 5 to 10 minutes after the remote showed it had lost signal with the aircraft. I snowshoed out to the point it lost signal today and looked but to no avail! I guess DJI is looking over my flight logs now and is supposed to get back to me.

Upload your flight log you will be surprised!
"I have looked through the flight log and find my drone app."
Find my drone app. :rolleyes: That has no value when loose signal at it is still headed some where.
Your flight log will show what the caused was, signals quality and battery remaining and where it was going.

Since you have looked at the log what was your battery level and what error message did you had?
Many times these guys find more information then DJI shares.

So share your flight log, and I will go retrieve it.

Share it on Lost and Found, this will be my only post on this thread.

Rod

I have looked through the flight log, and find my drone app. It shows up to the last point it had contact with the remote. Unfortunately, I could hear the drone flying for 5 to 10 minutes after the remote showed it had lost signal with the aircraft. I snowshoed out to the point it lost signal today and looked but to no avail! I guess DJI is looking over my flight logs now and is supposed to get back to me.
Here is the Log Viewer if you upload it @Fly Dawg or @sar104 or @BudWalker could probably shed some light on this can't hurt worth a try hope you find it

Upload your flight log you will be surprised!
"I have looked through the flight log and find my drone app."
Find my drone app. :rolleyes: That has no value when loose signal at it is still headed some where.
Your flight log will show what the caused was, signals quality and battery remaining and where it was going.

Since you have looked at the log what was your battery level and what error message did you had?
Many times these guys find more information then DJI shares.

So share your flight log, and I will go retrieve it.

Share it on Lost and Found, this will be my only post on this thread.

Rod
[/K

I would ditto the upload your flight files. I've been amazed and what some have been able to do with those files as far as locating the aircraft based on what is in the files and their knowledge of flight dynamics. They can make pretty accurate estimations about the track of the drone even after the signal is lost.

Reactions: dronesky
I am trying to upload the flight logs, I just don't know what I am doing,
I use an IPad Air to fly my drone. Everything else I do is on windows. I am really not very savy with tech.

I use an IPad Air to fly my drone. Everything else I do is on windows. I am really not very savy with tech.
You can upload the .txt log directly here if that is easier for you.

Reactions: Jim Canada

It did not seem bad, just before I lost connection I did get a wind alert and to fly with caution. I never noticed any wind on the ground nor did I see any wind in the treetops.
I must be a total moron because I can not figure out how to look at the written flight logs or upload them to this site.

Reactions: Avocet
This is interesting how can you hear the drone 5 to 10 min after the contact was lost. This can only means that it was hoovering in place. If it woud had flied away there is no chance to hear it for 5 min! Or it was flying to the different HP which was closer than the point where the contact was lost.

Reactions: cneedelman
This is interesting how can you hear the drone 5 to 10 min after the contact was lost. This can only means that it was hoovering in place. If it woud had flied away there is no chance to hear it for 5 min! Or it was flying to the different HP which was closer than the point where the contact was lost.
This was the first time I had flown in this area, it announced it had updated the home point. The sound was in and out, almost like it was lost, sounded like it left the area then came back. I kept thinking it was returning home but then I would not hear it anymore. It never reconnected with remote and never came back to the home point. I tried hitting the return home after it lost contact but to no avail. I wish I could figure out what I was doing with my flight logs. I would love to find it but my time is limited as we will eventually get snow then it will be gone for good.

@YooperPH4 ... Try This. When you have the file upload it here.

Mobile device DJI TXT logs
The log naming convention, based on the date and time of the start of the flight, is:
DJIFlightRecord_YYYY_MM_DD_[hr-min-sec].txt.

With iOS devices running DJI GO 4 you need to access the app files via computer, either using iTunes or with a file system browser such as iExplorer. The TXT logs are in Apps » DJI GO 4 » FlightRecords.

Mod must have moved this out of classifieds!!

Yea, you have to use iTunes with crApples.
Using iTunes I have to copy / sync the whole folder, I can't just copy the one I want, unless I use:
iFunbox | the File and App Management Tool for iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch.

"IExplorer", I' will be looking at that like now.....

@YooperPH4, keep trying, it will be worth it. ;)
I prefer crApples for mobiles (security and performance), but other than that they irritate me!

Rod

Ok Now I think I may have to go to my Computer to get the whole story on the flight log, all I was looking at was on my Ipad. I will download GO4 app to my lap top and try looking at it again

If you have removed the Go-App from you iPad, chances are the flight log will be gone, because the Go-App is what saved it.

If you did remove the App from iPad, then why?

Rod

If is not on your iPad, I guess you would need to resync your flights with your DJI account. I assume that's they would have got it.

No matter what, you are not going to get your flight off of your iPad with out a computer.

Rod

@YooperPH4 ... Try This. When you have the file upload it here.

Mobile device DJI TXT logs
The log naming convention, based on the date and time of the start of the flight, is:
DJIFlightRecord_YYYY_MM_DD_[hr-min-sec].txt.

With iOS devices running DJI GO 4 you need to access the app files via computer, either using iTunes or with a file system browser such as iExplorer. The TXT logs are in Apps » DJI GO 4 » FlightRecords.

Your post reminded me that I should probably post the log retrieval guide on this forum too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canadiansauna