Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Fly a phantom from a PC?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WhopperRC, Sep 7, 2016.

1. WhopperRC

Hello,
    I have just gotten a phantom 3s and its my first drone(I own other rc's and high tech robotics). The only problem it that the app DJI GO wont launch on my Samsung Tab 3 apparently its a problem allot of people have from the recent update 2.9.0 and I know that it will work on this device because I can launch the 2.8.4 version on my Samsung Tab and it works perfectly. So I was wondering if I could just use my computer as the app. I was looking at the DJI ground station but the last update was in 2014 and I dont even know if that was a drone application. Im thinking about downloading a emulator like Nox and seeing how that works im just worried about delays. Any ideas thanks.
    ~Whopper~

2. longdog

I suppose technically this would be fine. Connecting a computer via wifi to the controller won't be a problem. The issue will be your portability moving around the computer, and if staying stationary; configuring an antenna setup from the controller that has full/sufficient signal range to the drone throughout your flying zone.

3. flyinghost

Wonder if an antenna like the maxx on the roof plug on the computer and a software to make app work on pc if it would work proprely

Matt sent from note 3.

4. Mark The Droner

One of your big problems will be significant RF signal loss due to the length of your antenna cable...

5. WhopperRC

Id just use a laptop I wont be moving my 2000$ desktop anywhere.

6. longdog

Just buy an iPad before your Samsung blows up. Lol

Falcon900 likes this.
  7. WhopperRC

Seeing how my 150$ Samsung from 2013 has better specs then an iPad 4 mini im just going to stay with Samsung. Plus that dose not matter because I want to use a computer which is better that both ipad and Samsung combined.