Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Flight Software Recommendations

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Kevin S, Dec 15, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Kevin S

Hello All. New to the hobby and have a P3P and the standard DJI GO software. I see alot of different software out there (Litchi, Vertical Studio, Hivemapper, etc.). What preferences do you have?

I saw some software out there that allows you to install on a PC, map out your flight path and then use that to fly the unit. Do not remember the name.

What is everyone using?

I have a iPad, and I have used my Galaxy Note 5 but was thinking about getting a Nvidia K1 as a dedicated device, so before I do that, wanted to know what others recommended.

2. Wacker2611

Litchi all the way. It does everything well......

Kevin S likes this.
  3. sdharris

If you stick with the iPad Autoflight Logic is hard to beat and before anyone says it does not to waypoints the implementation in beta is superb ;-) if you like waypoints, personally I think they're overrated.

2nd2non and Kevin S like this.
  4. BigAl07

BigAl07 Moderator
    Staff Member

I've heard some very strong points for AutoPilot but haven't tried it myself.

I use AirNest almost daily and it does exactly what I need. I draw the flight path with my finger (I've even flown my name LOL) and then launch the flight.

Kevin S likes this.
  5. John Locke

Hmm, flying your name? That's interesting. We could do sky writing if we can find a way to start and stop a light weight smoke device, strapped on our Phantom, Hah!. Add that to the plethora of ideas people are thinking up for drones. I can see it now, "Happy Anniversary" only 200' above someone's house, or "Will you marry me?", etc. This could be a new business. This would be a great app for the Solo someday, since it's got the mechanical and communication interfaces ready to bolt on aftermarket devices.

#5 John Locke, Dec 15, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
    BigAl07 likes this.
  6. lotusteve

Airnest is £10.99 on Apple iPad.

Kevin S likes this.
  7. lenmcgilvary

I use autopilot, I don't know about experienced flyers, but it really helps us new guys

Kevin S likes this.
  8. Justin Miller

This is an idea I've thought about in the past. Think a small agile fixed wing that can write advertisements in front of say a baseball stadium at the right angle for people to see it. Problem is paraffin oil, which is what you need, can be heavy and unbalanced. I'm sure it can be done.