Flight simulator still running

Reaction score
I upgraded to a phantom4 recently. I have taken a few test flights with and everything seems fine. Goofing around at night I play with the flight simulator. Today there was a good sunset and I tried to get the phantom to operate outside. Everything checked out fine, however, maps were missing and it would not lift off. The error message that I got was that I was still in the simulator mode and that I should restart the Phantom. Well after numerous attempts to restart the machine I still can't get out of "phantom flight simulator still running".

Any knowledgeable phantom Flyers have an understanding of what's missing here. Everything checks out in the software. Your help would be appreciated

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Did you restart device/display?

Not quite sure how to restart device/display. I simply exit the sim and go to the GO FLY button that launches the App. I have shut down the quad when it says to restart. I must be missing something very obvious

Restart the device you use to run DJI go.

Okay. I shut the iPad down. Turned it back on. I relaunched the DJi app and same issue. flight sim still running. I'm a licensed pilot for 35 years. Am I just clueless here or am I missing some sequence of events?

BTW, thanks for the help.

Clear the cache/data

I hav't used the sim, but I'd clear the cache/data if I had that happen. Won't hurt to try.

Okay!!!!!! Just figured it out via taking your advice.
1 Exited software
2 Shut down drone
3 Shut down RC
4 Shut down IPad
5 rebooted iPad
6 started phantom 4 app
7 turned on drone
8 full controls

Thanks again

Glad to hear it. Shouldn't need to clear out if it's working. Mabey the issue was drone not being on while exiting app.

I got a new phantom 4 yesterday and the exact same thing. I think I finally turned it off by , like you, turning everything off, but I also think I found a way to turn off by going into the university section ,clicking on flight simulator and getting aTurn off option there too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72