Flight records question

Never understood the flight record thing, what does it matter?
Primarily it is for anything that might go wrong during flight. Think of it like an airplanes "black box". The Phantom has internal storage on the aircraft as well, very similar to that. The data that is transmitted back to the device from the aircraft is only a small portion of that. But it is very useful in determining faults as well as monitoring for stability of the aircraft batteries....etc..and so forth.

Reactions: lickitysplit11111
Never understood the flight record thing, what does it matter? My flights have been on six or so deferent devices that I no longer own plus many with my wife’s account. What am I missing? [emoji15]

I once lost my drone about 2 miles from where I launched it’s only because of the flight records and the helpful people on this forum that I was able to recover it and continue to fly it today 2,300,000 ft after that incident,

Primarily it is for anything that might go wrong during flight. Think of it like an airplanes "black box". The Phantom has internal storage on the aircraft as well, very similar to that. The data that is transmitted back to the device from the aircraft is only a small portion of that. But it is very useful in determining faults as well as monitoring for stability of the aircraft batteries....etc..and so forth.

I understand that, what I don’t understand is why sync. Why is that important?

I understand that, what I don’t understand is why sync. Why is that important?
Until you sync your device it’s only recorded to that device and NOT uploaded to your acct which is shared across multiple mobile devices
If you fly 10 flights with device A and it gets lost and is never synced then lose it then move on to device B the flights from device A are lost
But for a person like yourself who doesn’t see a need for flight records or syncing it doesn’t affect your flying in any way so no need to worry about it, I like to review flights on a map afterwards

Until you sync your device it’s only recorded to that device and NOT uploaded to your acct which is shared across multiple mobile devices
If you fly 10 flights with device A and it gets lost and is never synced then lose it then move on to device B the flights from device A are lost
But for a person like yourself who doesn’t see a need for flight records or syncing it doesn’t affect your flying in any way so no need to worry about it, I like to review flights on a map afterwards

Makes sense. Thanks

so I guess its a CS thing..
I was going to suggest that as an isolation method. As I mentioned previously, the records on both IOS and Android from the many I have reviewed have all been cumulative both pre and post signal loss within the same file. So taking that in to account, it appears that the CS is overwriting a signal loss file with the re-aquired file. To me that makes it pretty clear that it is a CS issue.

I was going to suggest that as an isolation method. As I mentioned previously, the records on both IOS and Android from the many I have reviewed have all been cumulative both pre and post signal loss within the same file. So taking that in to account, it appears that the CS is overwriting a signal loss file with the re-aquired file. To me that makes it pretty clear that it is a CS issue.

Yes I agree it’s most likely a CS issue but that won’t help you if for some reason you need the flight record to prove your case to DJI and no such record exist, I think they’d just tell you your SOL

Is there any chance you report this to DJI so they can look into it , it’ll make WAY MORE SENSE if you explain it then me

s there any chance you report this to DJI so they can look into it
I posted a new thread on the DJI Forum for you about this issue. I have not used that forum in quite some time, but will let you know if I receive any response. Best I can do for now.

I posted a new thread on the DJI Forum for you about this issue. I have not used that forum in quite some time, but will let you know if I receive any response. Best I can do for now.

That’s cool at least they’ll be aware of it and maybe it’s something that can be corrected via firmware in the future

@lickitysplit11111 , I would like to make a correction in my statement in Post#17. Regarding the battery voltage. My error when I stated that 17v was too high. I went back and checked some old records for both P3's and 4's and 17v seems to be the norm rather than the odd. I knew this before, but miss stated as I was looking actually at deviations as opposed to totals. You may disregard that as an error on my part.

@lickitysplit11111 , I would like to make a correction in my statement in Post#17. Regarding the battery voltage. My error when I stated that 17v was too high. I went back and checked some old records for both P3's and 4's and 17v seems to be the norm rather than the odd. I knew this before, but miss stated as I was looking actually at deviations as opposed to totals. You may disregard that as an error on my part.

Oh ok thank you for clarifying, one less thing to worry about [emoji3]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72