flight data how do I tell if this has been crashed

Reaction score
Hello,
how can I tell in the flight data if my bird has ever been crashed? I had to buy her used. offer was to good to pass up. Very careful visual inspection showed no (i mean none) signs of wear. I took her for a quick test flight and she was perfect. got her home, performed upgrades ( i flew her on the other guys ipad mini 4) hooked her up to my ipad mini 3 and now I have gimbal overloaded warnings and my positioning sensors are red on the icon at the top of the app. I am more than happy to upload flight data. Has it been crashed? Is the upgrade messing with me. Help please!!!

Hello,
how can I tell in the flight data if my bird has ever been crashed? I had to buy her used. offer was to good to pass up. Very careful visual inspection showed no (i mean none) signs of wear. I took her for a quick test flight and she was perfect. got her home, performed upgrades ( i flew her on the other guys ipad mini 4) hooked her up to my ipad mini 3 and now I have gimbal overloaded warnings and my positioning sensors are red on the icon at the top of the app. I am more than happy to upload flight data. Has it been crashed? Is the upgrade messing with me. Help please!!!

Hello,
Hi there is a setting where u calibrate compass,,,next to it is a imu calibration ,,,,might need to do ,,what phantom

it is a phantom 4. I got rid of the gimbal overloaded (foam piece im an idiot) but i am still having problems with the positioning system. Sometimes it works, sometimes it dosent. I tried to calibrate the sensors but nothing was happening.
Hi there is a setting where u calibrate compass,,,next to it is a imu calibration ,,,,might need to do ,,what phantom

The P4 positioning works when you are closer to the ground, the system needs a pattern to lock on, if the surface is uniform it won't lock, also if the surface is too bright or dark it will not work. If you calibrate your VPS using DJI assistant 2 you have to follow the instructions to the letter.

The easy way if you have flight records is to look for motor obstructed warnings in the logs. That's a good indicator that the bird COULD have gone down and the blades got stuck. There are other ways i'm sure, but this is one that comes to mind as typically a crash occurs when the props hit something or if something else takes it down the motors will eventually become obstructed in a good % of crashes.

A good suggestion jbrown630, but this only works if the flight data from previous OP hasn't been erased.
Rich don't mind about leaving the piece of foam. You are surely not the first ;)
I would also check for small scratches on the Gimbal and misformations of the body.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan