Flicking Camera Exposure

Reaction score
Has anyone else had flicking problems with the P2V’s video or know how to fix it?

This did not happen with my first video. I have ISO and white balance set to auto.

The example video is 21 seconds.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pK0weBgcSQ[/youtube]

MikeySoft said:
Has anyone else had flicking problems with the P2V’s video or know how to fix it?

This did not happen with my first video. I have ISO and white balance set to auto.

The example video is 21 seconds.
http://youtu.be/7pK0weBgcSQ

Yes both of mine have done this
My first one went back due to very out of focus
my new one focus is great but it also does what yours does
only seems to happen when a lot of white in the photo when im up high I don't notice it a lot but
after recheck clips its there
I thought maybe it was the exposer metering im not sure what one im using due to info in manual
I want average which I believe is the second icon :?: not spot or center maybe some one will tell us for sure im using the one with no dot in the middle

Here is video of mine doing it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNLcVLJN ... e=youtu.be

or http://youtu.be/NNLcVLJNvCs

Well, the camera adjusts exposure up & down automatically with changing light. There's no manual mode - or exposure lock - like on advanced DSLRs. Even GoPro doesn't have exposure lock (there's a GoPro owner petition to get them to add this).

Best to lock down everything you can, to minimize sudden exposure changes:

1) Set ISO to 100 (not AUTO)

2) Set White Balance to Sunny (not AUTO)

3) Set Exposure Metering to Average (empty circle icon, no dot). The camera will use most of the image when evaluating exposure, rather than just a tiny part of the center - which could change rapidly.

EDIT: at least I *think* the empty circle is Average metering. Hard to tell from the manual the way the icons are laid out. For sure the single dot is Spot metering. The dot within a circle icon could be Center-Weighted (like on Nikon), or it could be Evaluative (aka whole-scene analysis, aka Average) like on Canon! Hmmmm...

jimre said:
3) Set Exposure Metering to Average (empty circle icon, no dot). The camera will use most of the image when evaluating exposure, rather than just a tiny part of the center - which could change rapidly.

thank you for the response I was unsure of the average icon as manual is not clear at all as to which on is which

skyhighdiver said:
jimre said:

thank you for the response I was unsure of the average icon as manual is not clear at all as to which on is which

ok guys which icon is average with dot or without dot knowing that the lone dot is spot which of the other 2 is average :?:

I had mine with the circle and the dot and had the flicking as seen in the video. jimre said above to use the circle without the dot. I will try that next time.

jimre said:
Well, the camera adjusts exposure up & down automatically with changing light. There's no manual mode - or exposure lock - like on advanced DSLRs. Even GoPro doesn't have exposure lock (there's a GoPro owner petition to get them to add this).

Best to lock down everything you can, to minimize sudden exposure changes:

1) Set ISO to 100 (not AUTO)

2) Set White Balance to Sunny (not AUTO)

EDIT: at least I *think* the empty circle is Average metering. Hard to tell from the manual the way the icons are laid out. For sure the single dot is Spot metering. The dot within a circle icon could be Center-Weighted (like on Nikon), or it could be Evaluative (aka whole-scene analysis, aka Average) like on Canon! Hmmmm...
I have set my camera to the above and still have flicking. :( Hopefully this will go away when the snow finally melts.

SlackerATX said:
I was going to suggest a lens hood

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10237

But after looking at your video it just seems busted.
Thanks for the lens hood link. I overlooked it.
The flickering does not happen all the time. I cut the video to where it was flickering the most. This has happened to others so I believe this is an inherent problem with the camera when videoing white bright areas.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl