Flew P3 Pro ahead of snowstorm today, RISK?

Reaction score
I've seen videos on waterproofing hulls and so on...
I sent up my P3 Pro today in order to video an incoming snowstorm.. held out as the flakes began and then landed before the blast of wind came with the front.

I would like to know if anyone here has flown their P3 Pro in active snowfall and had any issues?
I dried it off right away and pulled the battery so air could circulate throughout the unit.

Am I taking a huge risk or no? What have you flown in and have you ever had damage?
Thanks!

Attachments

• DJI_0002netReady.jpg
    DJI_0002netReady.jpg
    756.6 KB · Views: 396
Reactions: Skypicswa
While you always want to avoid water forzen or not when possible. That said, you can get some great footage! :)

This was shot last year in Snovember about an hour from my home. I sure am glad were not getting like that this year!

If you look on YouTube many folks have filmed in snow.

While you always want to avoid water forzen or not when possible. That said, you can get some great footage! :)

This was shot last year in Snovember about an hour from my home. I sure am glad were not getting like that this year!

Did you take that? IFR flying conditions-- I would have a tough time getting the courage to go up in conditions like that. Great video

Yes, I've watched that video and commented on the YouTube... I would think it more fun to fly out after the snow and see the results... It was cool the way he flies out under the garage door and over the snow piled up in the drive... if you're snowbound, would be cool. I actually started the thread to see how people took care of their drone after a weather event and what happened to the craft, damaged? Circuit moisture damage? Quick dry methods? Ever get fog between the P3P lens and protective glazing? Are there any weather proofing steps that could be taken?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl