Fixed point Photography with Phantom 4

Reaction score
Good day,

Is there anyone here that can advise on how I can do fixed point photography with the phantom 4?
We do rehabilitation work and would like to track vegetation rehabilitation progress over time by returning the the exact point (altitude and coordinates) every three to four months.

Thanks!
Ben-Jon

Litchi can do that. You can make a mission and fly it over and over... 'exact' point might be a little ambitious though, consumer GPS is more accurate than it used to be, but still not exact.

Is there anyone here that can advise on how I can do fixed point photography with the phantom 4?
We do rehabilitation work and would like to track vegetation rehabilitation progress over time by returning the the exact point (altitude and coordinates) every three to four months.
Another option may be to fly and save a DroneDeploy mission that can be flown repeatedly and create an orthophoto mosaic like these I've been doing to monitor construction and growth of a new area at a golf club:
i-q83WFj3-X3.jpg

i-MpNP2nh-X3.jpg

Also using Litchi for a similar project to above (large garden development, showing seasonal progress). Results are very good, photos from around the 130 feet altitude certainly seem to be a very close match to the same position/angle as previous flights, even from months ago.

Another option may be to fly and save a DroneDeploy mission that can be flown repeatedly and create an orthophoto mosaic like these I've been doing to monitor construction and growth of a new area at a golf club:
+1 for dronedeploy. It will also allow the creation of 3d Maps which can be of actual value and at the very least are great to look at.

I use this to follow the building of my new house.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga