Fishing oh no

Reaction score
Just heard on the news that people caught using there drones for fishing will be fine 150 thousand dollars for sporting fish and the same for hunting ? What do think?

Just heard on the news that people caught using there drones for fishing will be fine 150 thousand dollars for sporting fish and the same for hunting ? What do think?

DJI has also just brought out a drone tracker that can spot a drone in the air and identify it, it’s owner etc. Scary stuff

Reactions: UpLift Aerial
using there drones for fishing will be fine 150 thousand dollars for sporting fish and the same for hunting

I'd be curious to read your source for this. There are certainly federal laws on the books that cover airorne hunting so perhaps that is what you are referencing. But fishing?

How about a link?

SB

I'd be curious to read your source for this. There are certainly federal laws on the books that cover airorne hunting so perhaps that is what you are referencing. But fishing?

How about a link?

SB

I read this as well

That's not something any Game Wardens are going to be using.
Trust me .;)

That's not something any Game Wardens are going to be using.
Trust me .;)

It’s still a traceable system for which no need is necessitated. I don’t like being tracked on things I own unless I approve of it or there is a search warrant

I was just saying no Game Wardens in MS anyway would have access
to that system . From all I have read on that and there are several threads going on it in our forums it's most likely going to be around airports . And to be honest I have no issues with them there .
And also that's not the link that was asked for .

Reactions: Danoldo
Fishing and hunting rules and regulations are set by each individual state in the US. If such a rule exists, which I doubt in the US, it would have to be a state decision unless the animal being hunted was migratory. Maybe in Alaska they could have a regulation like this as if you fly into a hunting area, you cannot hunt on that day. this is to prevent spotting from an aircraft. Don't think they have one on fishing.

I like to shoot my AK out of all my rifles. I have a special rifle for hunting. I dont want a special rifle, i want to use the AK but Pennsylvania law, once again, turned down the opportunity which would allow me to use it. I think most states allow ARs and AKs. Why cant i use something i enjoy or really like to shoot, feel more comfortable with, when the deer is going to die anyway and my goal is simply to eat it.

Same with drones. Why cant I fish with one. Its not "fair"? Why does it matter. I have to sit around waiting for a bite like everyone else, why, when i could catch my fish and go home in 30 minutes.

Reactions: Motlock
Assuming spotting schools of large fish in open ocean or shallows, spotting flocks of birds. From shore to bring line way out? In New Mexico you cannot fly a UAV or fly non commercial over your hunting area I believe with 48 hours of hunting big game. Makes sense to me.

In PhantomPilots there are several threats where they rigged drops to take their bait out farther and drop also .
Here is one long thread on it and was more .
Drone Fishing

To the best of my knowledge there are only a few states in the US that prohibit using a drone to fish. There are many videos posted of people using a drone to drop the bait at distances that cant be reached by casting.

We've used kites for many many years in both state & federal waters to carry bait/lures in positions & distances from the boat. No regs against it. Cant see a UAV any difference in using kites.

Hunting is a different critter. Many states dont allow baiting/feeders, etc. I can see how UAV would prohibited.

Not sure of the reasoning behind this law/rule/etc. So you hook a 3 lb Bass, or anything that puts up a good fight. Better hope your drone can swim.
The drone is used to drop the bait that is attached to the line that is on the spool of the fishing rod and reel being held by someone on shore. You don't use the drone to bring in the fish. Google is your friend.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures