Fish-eye video correction - DJI Stock Camera

Reaction score
I was wondering what people are using to correct the fisheye effect on videos produced by the stock camera on the Phantom2 V+ these days? Is there free s/w that does it?

Reactions: JKaddouri
Lightroom works well. GIMP is free though:

Reactions: PaganLinuxGeek
Lightroom works well. GIMP is free though:

Hi thanks for your info on gimp, I've tried it and it works well but my windows 7 will not open it as it's a XCF format, how can I change it to a jpeg so that my windows will open it

I downloaded gopro studio.
Nothing in there about fish eye removal.
I take my videos with my P2V+, not a gopro.
I downloaded prodad. It's not compatible with W8.1
I'm still lookin at fish eye videos
argh

GIMP is available for Windows and Linux. Opensource and free use... #justsaying

so zilch - nada
It looks like I am SOL unless I want to spend hundreds of dollars and replace the stock camera with a gopro and zen gimbal
I still have not seen a program for Windows 8.1 that will remove fish eye distortion from VIDEO (for free)
I don't want to spend a bunch o bucks for software. If I have to spend money it will be on hardware not software.

I have seen other threads where someone has replaced the stock camera with a gopro and they kept all the original functionality? I think... I'll have to look for it again. If I can swap out and sell my used stock camera maybe I can get through this conversion for less than an arm and a leg? just starting my research now.

The fish eye really bugs me but how much am I willing to spend to get rid of it? It's a real dilemma.

GoPro's software only works with their cameras.

Prodrenalin has a drop-down list of several dozen makes & models. It's my go-to software for editing P2V+ vid.

What video editor do you use? If you use FCPX you can get "Alex4D Wide Angle Fix", and you can choose the exact angle for the any fisheye camera. The effect is free, google it.
And before you start saying "the effect is free but FCPX isn't"... Let me tell you: You've spent a lot of money to get a great camera up in the sky, and then you skimp on a good video editor?

c'mon man, how much is that?
Like I said if I have to spend that kind of money it will be on new hardware not software.
Plus the learning curve for that must be like... OMG!
Thanks for the suggestion but I am starting to see fish eye distortion removal software as kind of a band aid fix. I think it will add countless hours to the countless hours I already spend editing and rendering videos. (I'm a Dashware fanatic too) If I had a non fish eye camera then this would become a moot point. I've done small mods to my quad and tx already but this seems a little more intense to me so I am doing my research first. I really haven't even looked at other cameras yet. I assume that gopro is the way to go? With a gopro I could remove it from the quad and stick on to my helmet when I go riding? I have a fast Kawasaki too. Double purpose would reduce the sting a little for me. I'm funny that way, money is not so much an issue, but I am inherently cheap! Plus this is kind of a fun process for me. research, ask questions, try to get the best deal, etc.
(I think) I've seen threads where somebody has done this, replaced the stock P2V+ camera with a gopro. So I think it is doable/has been done. I just need to free up some time and start digging. I'm so freakin busy right now I can't even fly tomorrow (Saturday) wah wah wah

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl