First video attempt

Reaction score
So my advanced arrived last week. Here's my first attempt at creating a video with the drone. Scoured youtube for some premiere tutorials and gave it a shot. We went down to Durdle's Door on the south coast (UK) yesterday to catch the sun rise. There's some gopro and dslr thrown in for good measure. Any filming or drone tips would be greatly appreciated.

As sunny as it looks, it was -2 degrees and no gloves. It's fair to say I was struggling to move the sticks on the controller!

/Iain

Last edited:
I will 2nd that - very nicely done. Great combo of camera footage and all put together really well! Worth a "like" on here for sure! Tips for filming and drone flying - hmmm - not sure you even need any. Keep up the great work - looking forward to more. Really nice spot for filming also - you all look like you had a great time - some pretty "balsy" climbing going on there also - lol. Continued safe and happy flying n filming!

I like it! I'm terrible at editing, need to sit down and learn how to do it correctly.

woah thanks guys. thats made me feel really cheerful. Yeah it was a really nice day out. Being at uni you have a lot of your own study time - so you can be nice and flexible what days you go out.

@ckf thank you mate :)

@eaglegoaltender Thanks. It was pretty narrow on some of those spots! Felt a bit uneasy trekking up there with the drone bagpack on & the wind blustering. I'm hoping to get some more wee vlogs out like this soon.

@daveleeds It's so worth doing it at this time of year. It's crisp and clear. It's quite a busy place in the warmer months. We were lucky to have the whole place by ourselves.

@snerd It wasn't too painful. I spent a few hours on it. Sorting through the clips to form a story first seemed to work for me, and afterwards add in the music and edit slightly to match the pace/beats.

Reactions: snerd
I can't imagine a bad time of year down there. But I plan to come down for the Solstice to get an early morning view, sunrise should be around 4am. I've booked off work June 18th thru to the 22nd...... Maybe take in the Minack too. See you there......

@daveleeds It's so worth doing it at this time of year. It's crisp and clear. It's quite a busy place in the warmer months. We were lucky to have the whole place by ourselves.

Amazing. I'd like to get a shot of that as well. I believe the winter solstice you have the sun appearing through the arch! Harry's Rocks near durdle is another good spot.

So my advanced arrived last week. Here's my first attempt at creating a video with the drone. Scoured youtube for some premiere tutorials and gave it a shot. We went down to Durdle's Door on the south coast (UK) yesterday to catch the sun rise. There's some gopro and dslr thrown in for good measure. Any filming or drone tips would be greatly appreciated.

As sunny as it looks, it was -2 degrees and no gloves. It's fair to say I was struggling to move the sticks on the controller!

/Iain

Great start i love the story your vid showed nice combo of phantom and go pro footage the cove is amazing would love to film down there myself,you obviously know about editing etc, really good work dude!!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl