First real video attempt...

Reaction score
I posted this in the P4 Pro forum a while back, but realized I missed out on a possible larger audience. Here is my first real attempt at making a video, using only my P4P. I've never really shot or edited much video in my life but have been a hobby photographer for 10 years. I edited this all in Premiere Pro, which was a little daunting at first, but I got the basics down and felt more comfortable.

I hadn't really planned out anything when I went to the cemetery that day.. I just wanted to fly and maybe take a few pictures.. but inspiration struck and I ended up with some footage after all. Please forgive some of the less interesting or repetitive shots, as I was goofing around so much I only had a small portion of footage that I felt was truly usable, so I had to milk it.. plus I ran into auto-exposure issues that ruined a few good shots.

I'd love your opinion of my video and I'm very open to feedback/advice of both the technical and artistic variety.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hi - stark but fascinating imagery. I personally found music did not match mood i imagined for video, and felt a the scenes were taking me somewhere visually but then jumped to next scene before (say) revealing a visual destination, then moving on. Mean this constructively as you asked, it's almost there but as is, felt like a series of short clips - needs work to make it as one.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Thanks Loz, I get your drift regarding the quick transitions.. it's like building the suspense but never delivering a climax.. I see that.. but I think that was a consequence of the sparse footage that was usable, as I had no good long shots that had the quality I wanted so I went with more abstract quick sequences built from the pieces I could salvage.

And looking back on it, I also see how the music isn't quite the mood for a video about a cemetery, but I guess it felt good to me and was a reflection of my mood at the time :)

Thanks for your feedback!

I'd use Aphex Twin's Stone in Focus for something like that. Somber, understated, but full of emotion.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan