First Update Problem P4

Reaction score
I have owned my Phantom 4 for a couple of years now. I have upgraded it several times without a problem. Have read a number of posts from guys that have had problems upgrading and couldn't help wondering what they might be doing wrong. Well all of a sudden I am having a problem with the latest upgrade from DJI. I guess it's not "if" it's "when". I use the assistant 2 app as I always do and it gets to about 98% and says the upgrade failed, try again, same thing. Now when the P4 and the remote are on, the light on the remote just flashes red and green. I also tried the DJI app and basically the same thing. I also have the Litchi app but can't get to it because the remote seems to be locked. I have also tried resetting the remote, no joy. I am sure open for suggestions.

Mudge

Have you tried to turn on the AC and then RC, then plug into your tablet or phone and see what DJI Go has to say when it connects?

Yes I've tried that and every other combination I could think of. I know it was working just fine a few minutes before the upgrade. I've been thinking of doing a factory reset but I don't want to jump into something I may be worry for.

Boy, that's the truth. Thought maybe I might need to update the controller but not sure how to do it or if it even needs to be done.

They recommend when updating the firmware to update the RC first, easily done in the App...did you do that first Mudge?

Yes, If that's what gets updated thru the app then I did. The problem comes up even if I try using Litchi.

It looks like you haven't update the RC yet. Tap on the update tab in the app.
You may have to start the app a few times to see it.

Thanks for the help guys, appears the problem is solved. It turned out that the controller had not gotten updated. I thought that it had been but apparently the DL got corrupted some how. When I tried again it worked. Can't help being a little paranoid now.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart