First timer from DFW

Reaction score
I bought a P3 SE on Saturday. I have spent all weekend reading and learning from this forum. I’ve had her up in the air for about 1 battery’s worth of time. Yesterday it was too windy, so I went to Best Buy and bought a memory card and a USB memory card reader. (My Mac doesn’t have disk ports.) Looking forward to learning more about this new toy of mine. I’m so thankful for this site, and so are my neighbors. I looked like I was doing an old Indian war dance when I was trying to figure out how to calculate the compass. Seriously.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Reactions: Rodee34
I also have a P3 SE and im very sure that like me that You will never ever forget your first take off and flight......Your On the BEST Drone forum their is ....welcome to the site....i have had my P3 SE for 14 months and i enjoy ever flight i make....i have 4 batterys and i usually get to fly them all.......Your did great by not taking the drone up in the wind...i have read many posts about a drone that got way far down winds and never made it back before it auto landed cause of a extremely low battery....Keep in touch here and enjoy all the information by owners all over the whole world !

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.95983

As a fellow DFW'er, welcome to the forum (I'm in Flower Mound). Great people here for sure. I've got a Mavic Air and a Spark.....and... a Phantom 3 Standard. I still love to fly my P3S. You got a great drone there, congrats.

PS: regarding the wind... my P3S can handle the winds so much better than my Mavic Air and Spark. But, winds like yesterday here in DFW.... smart of you to hold off! I was out running errands and my little volkswagen was getting pushed around the road by winds.

Welcome! There are some great meetups in DFW for drones, check out NTDUG on Meetup.com or any of the ones on Facebook. I'm in Denton and yesterday was waaaay to windy to fly. ~~~~>

As a fellow DFW'er, welcome to the forum (I'm in Flower Mound). Great people here for sure. I've got a Mavic Air and a Spark.....and... a Phantom 3 Standard. I still love to fly my P3S. You got a great drone there, congrats.

PS: regarding the wind... my P3S can handle the winds so much better than my Mavic Air and Spark. But, winds like yesterday here in DFW.... smart of you to hold off! I was out running errands and my little volkswagen was getting pushed around the road by winds.

Thanks! Since this was my first time ever driving (???) one, I knew if I took it out, there would be a good chance it would land in someone's yard. Thanks! Going to try today though!

I also have a P3 SE and im very sure that like me that You will never ever forget your first take off and flight......Your On the BEST Drone forum their is ....welcome to the site....i have had my P3 SE for 14 months and i enjoy ever flight i make....i have 4 batterys and i usually get to fly them all.......Your did great by not taking the drone up in the wind...i have read many posts about a drone that got way far down winds and never made it back before it auto landed cause of a extremely low battery....Keep in touch here and enjoy all the information by owners all over the whole world !

Thank you!!

Welcome! There are some great meetups in DFW for drones, check out NTDUG on Meetup.com or any of the ones on Facebook. I'm in Denton and yesterday was waaaay to windy to fly. ~~~~>

I will, thanks! I'm on the other end of the DFW area - Waxahachie. I would have to get some practice in! LOL! Either that, or everyone would need a helmet. ;)

I will, thanks! I'm on the other end of the DFW area - Waxahachie. I would have to get some practice in! LOL! Either that, or everyone would need a helmet. ;)

Well, phantom 3's are so darn easy to fly. You'll be a pro in no time.

Just a good thing to try and do is always start your flights into the wind, so you will always have tail wind on return and not have to fight the wind on return to home.

I bought a P3 SE on Saturday. I have spent all weekend reading and learning from this forum. I’ve had her up in the air for about 1 battery’s worth of time. Yesterday it was too windy, so I went to Best Buy and bought a memory card and a USB memory card reader. (My Mac doesn’t have disk ports.) Looking forward to learning more about this new toy of mine. I’m so thankful for this site, and so are my neighbors. I looked like I was doing an old Indian war dance when I was trying to figure out how to calculate the compass. Seriously.

Hi Rodee34
And welcome I understand all to well the adrenaline rush and excitement on purchasing the first Phantom, I also live near DFW and would like to connect with a fellow flyguy I'm been flying since 2011, but only consider myself a pilot since 2015 from that time to present I have over 400 flights minus one major crash hence forth the strap learn curve lol but I stuck with it, you can do it to provided you dedicate yourself it's all about the journey not the destination. Having said that I'd like to connect and share some of the lesson's I've learned along the way when time permits if you'd like. Again welcome and stick with it.

Fare Winds & Clear Sky's

Hi SeattleBoy- where abouts are you in DFW? Dallas proper? I'm in Flower Mound / Lewisville area.

Hi SeattleBoy- where abouts are you in DFW? Dallas proper? I'm in Flower Mound / Lewisville area.

I'm in Irving at the South end of DFW. Here's my email jayfrazier@[email protected]. I work at DFW my off day's are. Thur&Fri. Thanks for getting back with me looking forward to sharing with ya. What are your plans getting into drones? Hobbyist and Recreation?

Welcome Rodee34. Sure are a lot of you DFW area boys here. It would be great if you had a chance to link up, fly and learn from each other.

Jay- thanks for response. First off, I apologize for hijacking OP's thread.

I started this whole thing 2 years ago. I loved the creativity of aerial photography and just capturing something I thought was just unique no matter where I was at. Plus, the thrill of flying a drone is awesome.

Monday, December 3rd, I take my Part 107 certification exam. Nervous as heck - been studying so hard for it. I want to do this, at some level, professionally. Even if it allows me to make enough $$ to buy another battery, etc, it'd be worth it!

You are not far from me! I'm about 8 miles from you it seems. I would love for DFW people to get together in a laid back way. A lot for each of us to learn from each other....and just enjoy being around fellow pilots here.

I own (proudly) a P3S, a Mavic Air, and a Spark. I've owned Yuneec drones in the past too.

Scott

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe
Jay- thanks for response. First off, I apologize for hijacking OP's thread.

I started this whole thing 2 years ago. I loved the creativity of aerial photography and just capturing something I thought was just unique no matter where I was at. Plus, the thrill of flying a drone is awesome.

Monday, December 3rd, I take my Part 107 certification exam. Nervous as heck - been studying so hard for it. I want to do this, at some level, professionally. Even if it allows me to make enough $$ to buy another battery, etc, it'd be worth it!

You are not far from me! I'm about 8 miles from you it seems. I would love for DFW people to get together in a laid back way. A lot for each of us to learn from each other....and just enjoy being around fellow pilots here.

I own (proudly) a P3S, a Mavic Air, and a Spark. I've owned Yuneec drones in the past too.

Scott

Cool I share your enthusiasm count me in! I fly the Phantom 4. I think it would be a great idea to help build and strengthen the local Dallas drone community. Here's my email [email protected] looking forward to it.

Regards

Scott

Best of luck on the 107 certification Scott, pulling for you.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart