First time post - Would appreciated some help, thanks!

Reaction score
Hi All,

Appreciate your assistance in advance.
I have purchased in December last year a Phantom 4 Pro Plus.

I have recently began shooting photos in manual mode with raw image format instead of jpeg.
Can I please ask what program can I download (preferably for free) a program to edit/enhance my images?
Then once I do this, must I convert the image back to JPEG for others to view?

Appreciate your help.

note, I have also been reading other posts made on this forum with issues regarding there P4P drone & YES - I too have multiple problems like; controller stops talking to the drone mid-air and freezes (asks me to shut down) which I don't. I can still use the joysticks to land drone, (only the screen on controller is blank & freezes)

Sometimes when i turn the controller on there is a consistent beeping sound & red flashing light on controller.

When flying at speed, the camera on the gimble begins to dramatically tilt up & down on its own.

Sometimes I take photos and when landing my drone the images are nowhere to be found. I have contacted DJI and all the settings are correct AND all the updates on my drone are correct and up to date.

All good. Just though Id share that I'm having these issues also.

Much appreciated again!!

Regards
Gary

Hi All,

Appreciate your assistance in advance.
I have purchased in December last year a Phantom 4 Pro Plus.

I have recently began shooting photos in manual mode with raw image format instead of jpeg.
Can I please ask what program can I download (preferably for free) a program to edit/enhance my images?
Then once I do this, must I convert the image back to JPEG for others to view?

Appreciate your help.

note, I have also been reading other posts made on this forum with issues regarding there P4P drone & YES - I too have multiple problems like; controller stops talking to the drone mid-air and freezes (asks me to shut down) which I don't. I can still use the joysticks to land drone, (only the screen on controller is blank & freezes)

Sometimes when i turn the controller on there is a consistent beeping sound & red flashing light on controller.

When flying at speed, the camera on the gimble begins to dramatically tilt up & down on its own.

Sometimes I take photos and when landing my drone the images are nowhere to be found. I have contacted DJI and all the settings are correct AND all the updates on my drone are correct and up to date.

All good. Just though Id share that I'm having these issues also.

Much appreciated again!!

Regards
Gary
Yeh my pics go somewhere to,i just fly p4,,

If you have a laptop their is a program Called Paint that will do it comes stock with all windows OSits in Windows accessories
Open the file in MS Paint
then Just click Save as ..
Then pick JPEG from the drop down menu in the format tab

Reactions: Kirby Johnson
For around £8 new you can get Photoshop 9. A few years old but can do amazing things and such a cheap price. I will include a pic here that I done. It is a pic of my electric unicycle that I pasted on a plain white background and then I added everything else. This will give you a rough idea on how good it is
1488805991821.jpg

And if you look at the pic of batman and superman you will see that I added the electric unicycle with each character. The one superman is holding came out really really good. The programme automatically made it match up to him making it look like a pastel drawing
1488806089472.jpg

If you have a laptop their is a program Called Paint that will do it comes stock with all windows OSits in Windows accessories
Open the file in MS Paint
then Just click Save as ..
Then pick JPEG from the drop down menu in the format tab
I was surprised to see a post telling someone that paint could convert Raw DNG files to JPEG, so I just tried to open a DJI DNG file from my bird with paint and it will not. I am using Windows 7 Professional 64 bit on a Dell Optiplex. Did I miss a huge improvement to Paint somehow? Because I bought an Adobe DNG converter just for that reason.

Actually I had a foot powered (normal) unicycle when I was in college and it was pretty cool. It left both hands free, one for my beer and the other for my cigarette. o_O
Lol hit the nail on the head. Going past a packed bus full of sweaty people seeing nasty armpits in each others faces stuck in a traffic jam, then I go past, fresh air, in shorts and... Yep... Beer and a smoke laughing lol

I was surprised to see a post telling someone that paint could convert Raw DNG files to JPEG, so I just tried to open a DJI DNG file from my bird with paint and it will not. I am using Windows 7 Professional 64 bit on a Dell Optiplex. Did I miss a huge improvement to Paint somehow? Because I bought an Adobe DNG converter just for that reason.
Try moving the file to your lappy
Mine works this way plus then you have always got a back up as these little cards are very tuchy sometimes and just fail for no reason did your get the DNG plug in from paint.net ?

Try moving the file to your lappy
Mine works this way plus then you have always got a back up as these little cards are very tuchy sometimes and just fail for no reason did your get the DNG plug in from paint.net ?
Yeah just tried it on my Precision M6800 and paint says the same the desktop said
'Paint cannot read this file'
'This is not a valid bitmap file, or its format is not currently supported'
Windows 7 64 bit SP1.

I finally figured it out. The PAINT that you are talking about is Paint.net, a far cry from the animal which comes with windows called paint. You must have bought a used laptop with paint dot net already installed on it and thought it was Microsoft paint. Anyway, I spent a bunch of time figuring it out, and that is the deal.

The RAWFile.zip is not for the windows component.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phantom_Dazza
Is Paint.Net still being updated? I used that a few years ago and it was pretty darn good for free.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ODIN Reviews