First post - Anyone in Dubai / UAE?

Reaction score
Hi All,

So I have just purchased a Phantom 4 and have had my first few flights and its been awesome so far.

Anyone here in Dubai? If so have you had any problems bringing it in through the airport? I am going on holiday in July to Bali and I am wondering if I am going to get issues.

Also, I am very nervous over water!! Any advice flying it far away over water (lets say 200m distance). Should you be more cautious and take it steady, or is there nothing to worry about?

Cheers

theres really nothing to worry about over water except if you crash you probably won't get it back.

Welcome to the forum by the way.

Thanks Nate.

When over water its not crashing into anything that worries me. I am more worried about spontaneous signal loss / loss of a propeller / motor power etc etc.

I flew it on a beach the other day and it went into a low battery mode and starting to descend straight down to land. I had to quickly take over and bring it back onto the beach for it to auto land. I assume under a certain battery %, it just wants to automatically land?

Thanks Nate.

When over water its not crashing into anything that worries me. I am more worried about spontaneous signal loss / loss of a propeller / motor power etc etc.

I flew it on a beach the other day and it went into a low battery mode and starting to descend straight down to land. I had to quickly take over and bring it back onto the beach for it to auto land. I assume under a certain battery %, it just wants to automatically land?
yeah at around 20% i think its supposed to try and land so it doesn't crash, but that doesn't always work. motor power loss and prop loss fall into the crash category too! :) As for gps i've never had a problem with it over water.

Just make sure that the Gps is locked at your home point in case any signal lose
And about Dubai, they do sell the phantom right there so probably you won't face a problem, but still not sure though
They got so serious about drones because of an Idiot flew over the airport, and the airport got shutdown about an a hour
Sooo still not sure if they allow it in UAE

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

They do allow it but you need to apply for a license and there are a lot of rules. Your not meant to fly near any buildings.

There are strict privacy laws which I would imagine would get you in more trouble. They would question the camera I would imagine.

Anyway I am still wondering whether the airports going to be an issue. They get funny about random things but its very inconsistent. For instance I have been questioned what I am going to do when bringing a GoPro in.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3