First P3P video from DJI Pilot App Director

Reaction score
I've been wanting to try out the new Director feature on the Pilot App and finally got around to doing just that this weekend. Super easy to use though it does seem to have some issues which cause it to crash but overall a nice little app for anyone who's looking to whip up a quick video to post.

Video was done in Cresson, Texas at the Motorsport Ranch during a big car event this weekend. Shot in 4k on P3P.

Reactions: jcknows0
well... you had the app working well... only thing missing was you needed ND filters. With that, you would have had killer footage. I highly recommend PolarPro filters... get the 6 pack...

I run, as the managing member a UAS filming team of cinematographers... we shoot professionally and have our FAA pilot certs. Only an ends to a means but we clearly follow the rules...

You should have had an ND16 filter on this shot.

Bravo for making the effort...

CB

Reactions: jcknows0
Thanks for the feedback! PolarPro is definitely something I wanted to pick up for this event but my P3P arrived from Amazon Tuesday of last week and I wasn't able to get any filters shipped to me fast enough before leaving Florida for Texas for this event. I'm new to the filters so will for sure give them a shot. I captured about 1 hours worth of footage from the event so plenty more to slap together later when I have time to dig into them outside of the app.

Thanks for the feedback! PolarPro is definitely something I wanted to pick up for this event but my P3P arrived from Amazon Tuesday of last week and I wasn't able to get any filters shipped to me fast enough before leaving Florida for Texas for this event. I'm new to the filters so will for sure give them a shot. I captured about 1 hours worth of footage from the event so plenty more to slap together later when I have time to dig into them outside of the app.
Finally just settled my filter issue, should have them Wednesday. How did you get that cursed App to finally finish? I wasted an hour on it last night to no avail.

I found that trying to remove clips from a timeline in the app would crash it but otherwise I hadn't experienced any issues. I was able to compile the video and upload it to YouTube fine using my IPad Air 2 16gb WiFi

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl