First HDR's Comments welcomed

Reaction score
DJI Forum Ready.jpg DJI Forum.jpg Got the P3S for Christmas after drooling for one since my boss let me fly his. Did the reading and learned that the P3S had AEB...which I use a lot in my normal DSLR photography. After learning the basics of camera functions and settings...and a couple test flights...I felt confident enough to shoot some stills and video.
Went to a local spot and shot a few series of bracketed shots (5 each), came home and began to process. Both of these images were shot at ISO 100, but I am seeing that I am getting some unwanted noise, most likely from pushing the processing too far. Was wondering from other DJI users which model up the line gives the best still camera results??

Reactions: BA577
View attachment 72391 View attachment 72392 shot a few series of bracketed shots (5 each), came home and began to process. Both of these images were shot at ISO 100, but I am seeing that I am getting some unwanted noise, most likely from pushing the processing too far. Was wondering from other DJI users which model up the line gives the best still camera results??
They look pretty good and you've avoided the trap of overcooking.
The camera on the P3 and P4 have the same camera but it's only slightly better than the Standard - you wouldn't notice much difference.
The camera on the new P4 pro is completely different with 20MP resolution, a real aperture and 12 stops dynamic range.

View attachment 72391 View attachment 72392 Got the P3S for Christmas after drooling for one since my boss let me fly his. Did the reading and learned that the P3S had AEB...which I use a lot in my normal DSLR photography. After learning the basics of camera functions and settings...and a couple test flights...I felt confident enough to shoot some stills and video.
Went to a local spot and shot a few series of bracketed shots (5 each), came home and began to process. Both of these images were shot at ISO 100, but I am seeing that I am getting some unwanted noise, most likely from pushing the processing too far. Was wondering from other DJI users which model up the line gives the best still camera results??

What is this bracketing? I've seen some things about it and I'd like to learn more about editing photos/video with limited funds for editing software

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

What is this bracketing?
Bracketing is taking multiple photos, some underexposed, some overexposed from what the meter tells you is the correct exposure. You can do three shots (one as metered, one under and one over) or more. In Camera King's case, he did five.

The advantages are, 1) Your meter might not be giving you an accurate exposure if there are particularly dark or bright areas of in the frame, such as a lot of snow reflecting light, and 2) Even if the overall image is properly exposed, an underexposure will give you more detail in overly bright areas and an overexposure will preserve detail in particularly dark areas.

With HDR software, you can combine the best-exposed areas from all the different exposures, assuming the bracketed images are similar enough that they line up properly.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl