First gen hater got too close

Do you know if these people signed waivers? Do you know FAA regs regarding airspace? Do you know what the event has insured? Do you know why I thought it was a good idea to engage you in this argument (I sure as hell don't know why). My guess is your answer is no to every single one.

I get it, you just want to be upset. Some people are like this. Everyone is guilty until proven otherwise.

I'm not saying this guy is a saint, just that it appears that you've made up your mind already so there is little use in engagement (yet here I am because I'm am idiot on the internet)
I know law and rules to fly in my country and is enough. I don't know specific USA rules but I'm sure that nowhere i will read that to record video of an event you're allowed to fly with a phantom over peoples head. I'm not upset. I would like to continue fly my quadcopter where i want in a responsible way and not in flying hobbist areas only. Law will become more restricted if we don't fly responsible because for each quadcopter hobbist there are 100 peoples that don't like drones and don't want useless dangerous toys over their head.

What does it mean this? A car is necessary to move, to go to work and so on. Law allow to drive car following rules.

Your and my phantom are toys. Law allow to fly your toy where you want until it make stupid and no sense riskes for UNAWARE people. I know for example that if I'm walking on the pedestrian side of the street an uncontrolled car can hit me. I'm unaware that when I'm walking on a pedestrians area that a quadcopter, hexa, octa can fall on my head. No law will allow you to do this. And sooner or later if you fly irresponsible you'll know that.
A car is not a requirement for life, it's a luxury. Most of the planet does NOT own cars.

Do you know who would be really good at estimating risk? Insurance underwriters. Their job is literally to estimate risk. So compare liability insurance rates for a quad and a car (apples to apples, non commercial use). I bet you'll find that the car significantly more expensive every time. This is because the risk to damage, injury, and death.

Like I said, you won't be swayed, so I'm done replying. Enjoy your anger.

I don't like people that fly over people. Because i think if I'm in a place with my little daughter and i see a quad or other flying machine flying over me and most of all over her, i can become very violent.

I don't want flying machine over my family head.
So you're going to become violent . Wait a second didn't I just see you in a video knocking a phantom out of the air with your shirt. That was a pretty sweet move. This forum is just the gift that keeps on giving. Lol great entertainment

Then don't go into public places and definitely don't go were Im on vacation;)

The most important thing is that you will have a beautiful piece of paper with you to show to the police where is written that you're allowed to fly over my head. After that everything will be ok ;)

The most important thing is that you will have a beautiful piece of paper with you to show to the police where is written that you're allowed to fly over my head. After that everything will be ok ;)
The good thing is I do As I carry the FAA model aircraft GUIDLINES which in the USA is the only piece of paper that matters as of this time as there are no laws or rules on the books to say otherwise You can spout anything you want but until its Law nothing matters. And in USA no law no foul You don't own the air so don't like planes, drones, helicopters, parachutes, hot air balloons over your head stay indoors

The good thing is I do As I carry the FAA model aircraft GUIDLINES which in the USA is the only piece of paper that matters as of this time as there are no laws or rules on the books to say otherwise You can spout anything you want but until its Law nothing matters. And in USA no law no foul You don't own the air so don't like planes, drones, helicopters, parachutes, hot air balloons over your head stay indoors
Well i imagine that you have also a huge insurance that cover you if something bad happens. If you feel safe to do that go on. But trust me, before me and other people begin to stay at home to avoid flying quadcopter risks, a law will be made to make you, me and all other hobbist to fly in specific areas only. And the game will end.

Well i imagine that you have also a huge insurance that cover you if something bad happens. If you feel safe to do that go on. But trust me, before me and other people begin to stay at home to avoid flying quadcopter risks, a law will be made to make you, me and all other hobbist to fly in specific areas only. And the game will end.
Good news for me then is it will be 2yrs Min with all the US Government bureaucracy to get it enacted
Hopefully they will pass the no cell phone cameras act at the same time as I hate it when people film me doing something wrong in public;)

Here I go again: most ho owners policies in the states will cover your drone for non comercial use. Millions in coverage, so sizable.

Not sure why you are commenting at all about laws and regs in a country you don't live in...

if you actually watch the video i think the OP did everything right as soon as he was aware that there was another drone in his near vicinity he backed off from being overhead of the people, that's showing a good sense of responsibility to me!

Here I go again: most ho owners policies in the states will cover your drone for non comercial use. Millions in coverage, so sizable.

Not sure why you are commenting at all about laws and regs in a country you don't live in...
Have you read well all the sentences of your insurance and are you sure it will cover you while flying in urban areas over people? Read carefully because insurance makes a lot of surprises when they have to pay a lot...;)

Ps: because are similar in all developed countries
Good news for me then is it will be 2yrs Min with all the US Government bureaucracy to get it enacted;)
Yes here too...but i think you and me will like to fly phantom 5 and 6 too freely. ;)

Have you read well all the sentences of your insurance and are you sure it will cover you while flying in urban areas over people? Read carefully because insurance makes a lot of surprises when they have to pay a lot...;)
. ;)

My Agent said as long as not involved in Illegal activity Im covered . Well as a recreational flier that means as longs as Im flying Im ok
At this time not saying laws wont change but for now it is the wild west:eek:

Last edited:
Please post a link to these assumed rules you are talking about. Thank you.

https://www.faa.gov/uas/model_aircraft/ (USA)

Individuals flying for hobby or recreation are strongly encouraged to follow safety guidelines, which include:
  • Fly below 400 feet and remain clear of surrounding obstacles
  • Keep the aircraft within visual line of sight at all times
  • Remain well clear of and do not interfere with manned aircraft operations
  • Don't fly within 5 miles of an airport unless you contact the airport and control tower before flying
  • Don't fly near people or stadiums
  • Don't fly an aircraft that weighs more than 55 lbs
  • Don't be careless or reckless with your unmanned aircraft – you could be fined for endangering people or other aircraft

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/standards/general-recavi-uav-2265.htm?WT.mc_id=1zfhj#safety (Canada)

Don’t fly:
  • Closer than 9 km from any airport, heliport, or aerodrome.
  • Higher than 90 metres from above the ground.
  • Closer than 150 metres from people, animals, buildings, structures, or vehicles.
  • In populated areas or near large groups of people, including sporting events, concerts, festivals, and firework shows.
  • Near moving vehicles, avoid highways, bridges, busy streets or anywhere you could endanger or distract drivers.
  • Within restricted airspace, including near or over military bases, prisons, and forest fires.
  • Anywhere you may interfere with first responders

Last edited:
Reactions: StevenQX
Thanks for the link. But that is not a regulation. Just recommendation. But appreciate you posting it.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
https://www.faa.gov/uas/model_aircraft/ (USA)

Individuals flying for hobby or recreation are strongly encouraged to follow safety guidelines, which include:
  • Fly below 400 feet and remain clear of surrounding obstacles
  • Keep the aircraft within visual line of sight at all times
  • Remain well clear of and do not interfere with manned aircraft operations
  • Don't fly within 5 miles of an airport unless you contact the airport and control tower before flying
  • Don't fly near people or stadiums
  • Don't fly an aircraft that weighs more than 55 lbs
  • Don't be careless or reckless with your unmanned aircraft – you could be fined for endangering people or other aircraft

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/standards/general-recavi-uav-2265.htm?WT.mc_id=1zfhj#safety (Canada)

Don’t fly:
  • Closer than 9 km from any airport, heliport, or aerodrome.
  • Higher than 90 metres from above the ground.
  • Closer than 150 metres from people, animals, buildings, structures, or vehicles.
  • In populated areas or near large groups of people, including sporting events, concerts, festivals, and firework shows.
  • Near moving vehicles, avoid highways, bridges, busy streets or anywhere you could endanger or distract drivers.
  • Within restricted airspace, including near or over military bases, prisons, and forest fires.
  • Anywhere you may interfere with first responders
KEYWORD GUIDLINES
NOT RULE OR LAW

It's alright to have a debate, but lets refrain from personal vendettas.

In my opinion, we should stick to the FAA regulations when possible. If I am flying in a park for fun, there is no reason to fly above 400 feet just to feed my ego or to get some sort of high from it. On the other hand, if you are filming for a client who needs you to go up over a hill for a few seconds to get the shot but the hill is 545 feet, I find that acceptable. Again, it's all open to interpretation.

I agree with you Jacob but to be clear there is no FAA regulations. Only recommended guidelines at this point.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
I agree with you Jacob but to be clear there is no FAA regulations. Only recommended guidelines at this point.
You are correct, I just am used to calling them FAA Regulations. After all, that term in google brings up 35.4 million results. The words just coincide for some reason.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl