Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

First FPV flight lost connection over water - litchi app

Discussion in 'FPV (First Person View)' started by MY DRONE JOURNEY, Sep 26, 2016.

1. MY DRONE JOURNEY

well did my first test and lost connection over a lake. Luckily it returned to the home point but at low level nearly hitting a tree. In my DJI go app it it set to 30 meters. When it returned home with litchi it came same height as I was currently flying at the last moment I lost signal. And suggestions what mistake I made?

This is the flight video

JWH likes this.
  2. Cobs

It looked like it climbed but remember you took it lower to the lake some, im sure it takes the last height as the "start" to climb up 30mtrs from that point, i would set your RTH height 50mtrs or so or look at the tallest object in the area and plan to have height above it should something go wrong
    You probably lost signal due to the trees inbetween you and the drone, when FPVing remember whats behind the drone ... or rather - whats inbetween you and it, you still need line of sight to keep control.

Awesome aint it :)

#2 Cobs, Sep 26, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
    JWH likes this.
  3. MY DRONE JOURNEY

When it went higher it was me back in control. Normally it stop and go up to return to home altitude then return. It just came back at the last height I lowered it to during the flight. This is my only concern. Thanks for the comment. Changing it to at least 50 now lol

4. Cobs

It definately climbed before the "return to home" came onscreen (06:04) and after you said you lost it, hard to tell how high though, then it turned for home.
    Good luck for next time, think youll be addicted now hehe