Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

First flyaway

Discussion in 'Phantom 1 Help' started by robinbw, Aug 8, 2013.

1. robinbw

I was just bringing my Phantom into land when it suddenly went vertical about 50 metres and stayed there. I tried all the switches in desperation, the juystickes were doing JS and then it started to move away from me. I felt absolutly helpless as I watched the thing pick up speed but also slowly decending. I thought that it was heading towards housing but it seemed to pitch down a bit and burried itself into the ground. To my relief NO damage. (I have carbon fibre legs on my machine) I have done a advanced recalibrate and the compass but I'm concerned about a setting in the NAZA assistant that is erattic in display. In VIEW/Channel monitor the X1 cursor goes from certre to the left with do apparent reason. Is this normal and what is the X1 channel. Robin

2. Scalpel78

Were you low on battery? Sounds like it went into failsafe mode (because of low battery), rose to 60 feet and headed for the Home-coordinates, but didn't have enough juice to make it there.

It is unfortunate that whenever someone looses control of their Phantom it is referred to as a Flyaway, when in fact there is probably a very reasonable explanation for what happened.

3. socman

agreed...please do not call that a flyaway.

4. robinbw

Certainly wasn't heading back to me! and no low battery warning. It was on a 90 degree coarse to where I was and where it burried itself was about 100 mtrs away form me, so what do you call that :!: :!: I'd love to have an explanation