First flights over waterfall

Do you think over-water flights changes the low elevation dynamics of the drone?

• yes

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • no

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I have seen similar posts about first flights, decided to post my own. Was nervous because the bottom of the dam was below the home point and the canyon is full of low hanging branches. All said and done, it made me a more deliberate, conscientious pilot.

Reactions: Twinnny_twinnn
very nice

Thanks for the feedback everybody.

I was thinking about flying from a high point on the roadside down into the river valley and over the water but decided against it. I wasn't sure what happened with you fly below your starting elevation and home point elevation. I guess it works fine?

I was thinking about flying from a high point on the roadside down into the river valley and over the water but decided against it. I wasn't sure what happened with you fly below your starting elevation and home point elevation. I guess it works fine?

I didn't notice any problems. Didn't have to use RTH, so there wasn't any real test.

I was kind of wondering about that too. RTH, what altitude will it come back at? Height over starting point?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl