First flight with P3P:

I'm new like you are. I got my Phantom 2-3 weeks ago and haven't posted any video yet. Because AZ is a bit boring and we have alot of the same desert here. But this thing is amazing!

I had it hovering in 1 spot about 7 foot up. I tried to move it left and right. The P3P didn't want to move and went right back to the spot in the sky it was hovering in. Same for pushing it up, it didn't want to go up and motors slightly adjusted. I then pulled it down half a foot and it worked its motors alot to keep that same spot. Just amazing where technology has gotten.

Did some tests with lifting water bottles. Can do 16 oz easily but struggles to lift 32 oz off the ground.

I need to get a 3D printer so I can start working on beer holder under the camera.

Glad you made it back safe. Make sure you explorer around the DJI GO app and rewatch your flight on the playback map. This is helpful if you ever lose it and need to see its last GPS location.

Oh my.

That was wonderful!

Here's a quick iPhone picture. IT HOVERS IN PLACE! IT REALLY DOES!

SO FREAKING AMAZING.

Video to come

Be sure to View your video on a TV if it supports USB flash drive... 1080p Playback is great on the big TV screens, and 4K is amazing if you have that capability.

Hand tight only for the props!
Make sure they are on the correct way around lol.
It is important not to rush things - let it sit there for a minute or 2 so it has proper lock etc.
Dont forget to start recording - very very easy to forget!!!
Good luck and watch the battery level.

I am also a newbie. Yes the recording, good tip, the first flights and then some, I often forget to hit that red button, you think you have some nice footage, think again :mad:

So my video is pretty terrible haha. I kept on spinning while I was flying for fun to see all around me (First time, pretty awesome to see downtown 10 miles away), so the footage makes you super dizzy.

However I did take some pictures! I would love some critique on them.

I'm new like you are. I got my Phantom 2-3 weeks ago and haven't posted any video yet. Because AZ is a bit boring and we have alot of the same desert here. But this thing is amazing!

I had it hovering in 1 spot about 7 foot up. I tried to move it left and right. The P3P didn't want to move and went right back to the spot in the sky it was hovering in. Same for pushing it up, it didn't want to go up and motors slightly adjusted. I then pulled it down half a foot and it worked its motors alot to keep that same spot. Just amazing where technology has gotten.

Did some tests with lifting water bottles. Can do 16 oz easily but struggles to lift 32 oz off the ground.

I need to get a 3D printer so I can start working on beer holder under the camera.

Glad you made it back safe. Make sure you explorer around the DJI GO app and rewatch your flight on the playback map. This is helpful if you ever lose it and need to see its last GPS location.

If you 3D print a beer mount, I'll buy one! Lol.

Even better if there's a small servo that can drop a can ;)

Things can get Harry? ;)

I'll try out Attitude depending on the wind. So excited!
haha! I edited it before you corrected me ! i was driving when i wrote it(on a dirt road going slow), then read it and realized it was obviously not right lol! Anyways Good Luck Flying! Nice photos too!

haha! I edited it before you corrected me ! i was driving when i wrote it(on a dirt road going slow), then read it and realized it was obviously not right lol! Anyways Good Luck Flying!

Wait- you realize the irony of the autocorrect right? its funny because my name is Harry!

try this.

Going that far would be a bit scary for the first attempt!

I need to look online for prime flying locations in Miami. The beach sounds cool but I don't love the idea with water and people being upset with being filmed in Bikinis ;)

Wait- you realize the irony of the autocorrect right? its funny because my name is Harry!

haha yes i did just notice that, looking through the comments just a second ago lol! Cool shots though. Looks like youll have plenty of good shot to get. Remember to always check your "Mod" levels every flight before take off, and even when hovering if need be.

Here's a little info if your not sure how.

Click on sensors and it will show you. You can watch videos on YouTube of what they should be set at.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1443660842.736105.jpg

Last edited:
i lived in Homestead for 5 years.
there is plenty of wide open spaces down there.

Be sure to View your video on a TV if it supports USB flash drive... 1080p Playback is great on the big TV screens, and 4K is amazing if you have that capability.

I don't have a 4k TV, but will try with the HD tv. Its a nice 60", not bad.

Overall I like my photos but the video leaves MUCH to be desired. It was getting dark out, so the picture is dark since I didn't adjust ISO. Next time ill pay more attention

I'm new like you are. I got my Phantom 2-3 weeks ago and haven't posted any video yet. Because AZ is a bit boring and we have alot of the same desert here. But this thing is amazing!.

If you're near Mesa, go out to Superstition mountain where I was today. What an incredible mountain. I went up to 500m max and it still wasn't high enough to get on top, but still very fun using the wind surfer antenna reflectors, great range. However the iPad did overheat, the ambient was about 98F, had lots of video dropout as a result.

I don't have a 4k TV, but will try with the HD tv. Its a nice 60", not bad.

Overall I like my photos but the video leaves MUCH to be desired. It was getting dark out, so the picture is dark since I didn't adjust ISO. Next time ill pay more attention
Try putting the camera in auto exposure mode. Then just touch the screen where you want the exposure to meter, presto, it's correct.

Reactions: lotusteve
Try putting the camera in auto exposure mode. Then just touch the screen where you want the exposure to meter, presto, it's correct.

I'll google how to put it into auto exposure, that sounds perfect.

The sheer amount of options in the app is insane! In a cool way, but there should really be a guide TO the app!

So my video is pretty terrible haha. I kept on spinning while I was flying for fun to see all around me (First time, pretty awesome to see downtown 10 miles away), so the footage makes you super dizzy.

However I did take some pictures! I would love some critique on them.

nice pictures Harry, i was in the same boat as you last week when i got my P3A. i was frightened to go further than 200m, but a week on and iam getting a lot more confidence in the phantom, i went out yesterday to do some ATTI flying as i have not used it before, every thing went fine. i have also been doing some video testing to find the best settings. but i have to say its a fantastic bit of kit i have bought..

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl