Reaction score
I got my P3P yesterday.

Updated software on Phantom
Updated software on Controller
Charged (2) batteries
Downloaded DJI GO app
Cold-Calibrated IMU
Calibrated Compass
Checked application for errors, played around a bit with simulator.

Time to fly? Anything I'm missing?

Taking it out to a field today, I'll post the first flight video here!

Read the manual, hit the gas and enjoy! That reminds me, I should read the manual again. Lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Get rid of the stupid range and height limits.
Make sure you calibrated well away from anything metal - including under the ground. I even take my watch off.
Make sure you have firm level ground - if not use a wooden board.
Make sure you get full GPS and it sets home postion.
Take off rapid full throttle - then let it hover and make sure all is ok.
When landing have a helper to catch it - just hover at head height and they can grab a skid. Left stick held down for 3 seconds kills the motors.
Dont panic and take your time dont rush anything!!!

I got my P3P yesterday.

Charged (2) batteries
Downloaded DJI GO app
Cold-Calibrated IMU
Calibrated Compass

Get a checklist for the first few flights. If you search this forum you can find some good ones.

Reactions: Flying Dutchman
Make sure you calibrated well away from anything metal - including under the ground. I even take my watch off.
When landing have a helper to catch it - just hover at head height and they can grab a skid. Left stick held down for 3 seconds kills the motors.

Make sure you RTH altitude is set properly! I set mine to 200' so I can clear any trees.

Im first trying it out with a height limit of 150 and a range limit of 400. Its just an empty field, that'll be enough. I can change that if I want while at the field.

Yeah I understand calibrating & Home Point

Level ground... Hmm its grass so ill need to bring something level.

I was planning on letting it auto-takeoff. No?

I don't think ill have a helper. Landing on the grass I think.

Make sure you RTH altitude is set properly! I set mine to 200' so I can clear any trees.

Empty field, but ill remember that. I need to double check how to change that in the manual; the app is sort of overwhelming!

Im starting with a height limit of 150 and a range limit of 400. Its just an empty field, that'll be enough. I can change that if I want while at the field.

If that is what you feel comfortable with but I didn't bother. Just take your time and if you need a break just let go of the sticks she will just sit there!
Get a strap for the transmitter it helps a lot.
It really is very easy to fly and grows with you as you get more adventurous.
Have fun!!!

If that is what you feel comfortable with but I didn't bother. Just take your time and if you need a break just let go of the sticks she will just sit there!
Get a strap for the transmitter it helps a lot.
It really is very easy to fly and grows with you as you get more adventurous.
Have fun!!!

Im so excited for it to just "sit there"! Coming from a small fpv quad that JUST has attitude control, its going to be awesome!

Flying at 6:00 and I already have everything packed up like an excited kid haha

Ordered a strap, but that wont be here till friday :(

Hand tight only for the props!
Make sure they are on the correct way around lol.
It is important not to rush things - let it sit there for a minute or 2 so it has proper lock etc.
Dont forget to start recording - very very easy to forget!!!
Good luck and watch the battery level.

Im first trying it out with a height limit of 150 and a range limit of 400. Its just an empty field, that'll be enough. I can change that if I want while at the field.

I just kick some dirt around to get a level take off point. For take off you don't need to bust out a level.

Empty field, but ill remember that. I need to double check how to change that in the manual; the app is sort of overwhelming!

Empty field or not... It'll save in your setting. You never know when things can get Hairy. If you get in trouble remember ATTI mode. Practice flipping to ATTI mode just to get the hang of it. Things happen fast with drones.

Empty field or not... It'll save in your setting. You never know when things can get Harry. If you get in trouble remember ATTI mode. Practice flipping to ATTI mode just to get the hang of it. Things happen fast with drones.

Things can get Harry? ;)

I'll try out Attitude depending on the wind. So excited!

Take someone with you - always handy to have a spotter - and please hand catch!!! Landing on grass can easily lead to a tip over if there is any wind.
If the grass is long it will cause gimbal overload if you dont have a pad to put it on.

Reactions: libertyflyer
I got my P3P yesterday.

Charged (2) batteries
Downloaded DJI GO app
Cold-Calibrated IMU
Calibrated Compass

I remember the excitement you are feeling. Just to watch it hover was cool.
Enjoy your new bird and take caution.

I have over 75 flights where I used auto take off AND landing and it has worked perfect every time, zero issues.

Reactions: BigPig
I have over 75 flights where I used auto take off AND landing and it has worked perfect every time, zero issues.
Well I had one tip over because it was too windy on take off and several with my Vision2+ on landing!
In still air on smooth grass it will be no problem but not everyone has that luxury!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl