First Flight Fun & Concerns

Reaction score
Aloha from Hawaii,

I did my first test flight with my Vision. I can say it was al little hair raising at first. I own a Phantom 1 with a ZENMUSE GOPRO H3-2D BRUSHLESS GIMBAL and primarily like to do straight down over head shots. I did notice with the Vision that it lost signal at about 60ft if i went straight up. I could go higher if I was not underneath the unit but at 50ft from home I went all the way up to 120ft till I got my practice shot nearly straight down. Return home worked light a charm :D . I was able to regain control once but i think it was dumb luck.

Any suggestions on what I could do to rectify this? Any one else has has this issue?

Topher

Concerning loosing your video feed if you go straight, after watching the DJI setup video, it does say, depending on if your high above you or far in distance, to alter the angle of the wifi range extender antenna. So my guess would be as it was close to you but up high, you need to angle the antenna up a bit. I'm not basing this on experience, only on what Colin said in the DJI video.

i got this three times and at all varying degrees away from me, 150m above , 136m (see attachment) & 80m horizontal -
each time it reconnected fine.
i also tried switching off the controller and it came home, hovered for 15 seconds and landed itself beautifully.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 478

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT