Third Flight - Very Strange

Auto-take off is great. On the other hand, once airborn, the drone doesn’t care if it is 15 feet or 1500 feet high up. The air is just the same. It is on the other hand more likely to bump into trees and stuff when flying low, so I have my RTH altitude set to 150 feet.

BTW, keep using the RTH function from safe distances until you learn to trust it 100%. You will be amazed how safe it is. I am using it on almost every long distance flight on return trajectory just to be able to relax and enjoy the scenery (too bad you cannot switch off that annoying beeping).

Yes... I'm going to start using Auto Takeoff again. I'm also going to adjust my RTH height to something a little more realistic. I can see me flying at 300 feet once I get a lot more practice and becoming more comfortable with it. Three flights is surely not enough experience to be flying up that high.

On another note, I received some genuine DJI props today. I couldn't believe the difference in quality compared to the 3rd party, cheap knockoffs that I tried flying with last time out. The roll over that happened after a battery change was enough to put fear in me. I certainly wouldn't want my drone to fall out of the sky all for the sake of saving a few dollars.

Reactions: LarBear360

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl