First Flight, First crash. What did I do wrong?

Only my car was parked about 20ft away and I even turned it off to reduce any interference it would give off. But the calibration said it was successful. It did take a few tries tho and I noticed the higher I held the drone from the ground it got easier.

It was filled with snow.

Yeah I did it said safe to fly, just went beserk after I hovered to get comfortable with the controls in real time.

Yeah I was going to try it there as well but i wanted a really good aerial view of the skyline and those locations are a bit boring at night. I'll try a new location though. After I change my pants...this crash kinda scared me lol
Please tell me you weren't doing a night flight?

Please tell me you weren't doing a night flight?
yes, is that an issue? I didnt bite off more than I can chew. I also thought it was best because of less traffic and people and the best place to take off to get a good skyline/ marina view.

You didn't bite off more than you could chew? You crashed on your first flight! Night flying affects sense of perspective, judgement of distance, you can't see airspace or ground incursions (marina = seabirds?). Night ops require an additional set of skills and which is why most countries regulations ban them or limit them to specifically authorised professionals. Learn about your bird, fly in the light in wide open spaces, read these forums - and not just when you have a question - and you're far less likely to crash again.

I literally did everything by the book and calibrated the compass before flight. I started takeoff in and empty parking lot (coordinates in google are 42.879312, -78.883090) and for some reason i get massive interference after take of and hover at like 10 ft and then it switched in atti mode. I skimmed the ground before it drifted then eventually rolling. At this point i turned the motor off and tried again this time using the box has a platform. Same thing happened. Im too afraid to even get out of beginner mode because I don't want it to go anywhere remotely out of sight. My question is, and it may be stupid, but does some asphalt have a metal or reflective compound in it that could be causing issues?
You might have some seriously heavy metal plate buried under that area. Try moving to a grassy field.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor