First Drone Aircraft Collision? Ahh Nope

Reaction score
In a world filled with morons and drunks, rule breakers and anarchists, there still have been no drone aircraft collisions. This must be due to all the fine work done by our congress and the FAA. They are paid to make rules and they have made a boat load of them. I, for one, have not bought a new and improved drone since THEY started all the fuss. And I don't plan on buying anything again from DJI. They don't seem to have a problem with crippling hardware, that no longer belongs to them, if THEIR sensibilities are not respected. And all of you, flying their hardware, now get to be regulated by CHINA. And you defend it? Because of course these little Phantom Drones are so dangerous. Why anything might happen, even though nothing has.

But we do have the situation where drones and aircraft are sharing the same airspace at lower levels, and we have well-documented near misses. Statistically speaking, if you have near misses then eventually you will have collisions - hence all the regulation of air traffic. So is your confidence nevertheless based the assumption that such a collision is too unlikely to worry about, or that we don't need to care whether or not it occurs?

As for your comments on the DJI equipment, it's the software and firmware that they update, not the hardware. And, no - you don't own the software and firmware, you license it. But you are free to keep using earlier versions if you so choose, just as you can with your computers' operating systems.

In a world filled with morons and drunks, rule breakers and anarchists, there still have been no drone aircraft collisions. This must be due to all the fine work done by our congress and the FAA. They are paid to make rules and they have made a boat load of them. I, for one, have not bought a new and improved drone since THEY started all the fuss. And I don't plan on buying anything again from DJI. They don't seem to have a problem with crippling hardware, that no longer belongs to them, if THEIR sensibilities are not respected. And all of you, flying their hardware, now get to be regulated by CHINA. And you defend it? Because of course these little Phantom Drones are so dangerous. Why anything might happen, even though nothing has.
Do you realize that posts like this are useless? I don't care as most won't. If you do not buy another DJI ....you will not be another DJI person moaning and b**ching .....Cool, I've had enough of that. Buy your $50 drone and crash it in 30 minutes...again...no one cares. Put your big boy pants on and move along. I'm also sick of the "sorry for your loss' posts. Some may be genuine but I'm sure most are not. I don't like to hear about someone losing their bird but I'm not sorry and won't lose any sleep as they won't when I lose mine. Let's stop the brown nosing people. Never did like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigAl07 and Jayfdee
Personally I am happy with the regulation in my country(UK), I do not want to be on a commercial flight and be the first flight brought down by a Phantom.
I do understand risk, I worked in the risk business for years, I can balance the "any risk is too great", with the realities of modern life.
If you are unhappy with DJI, then time to move along, bitching on here will not change anything.

Always speak up for what you believe whether I agree or not. Don't keep me from being able my to say my piece. There is some truth in what most people say. Or something in why it was said. I was taught to listen. Take the meat and spit out bones. Yes. DJI has hurt some people. They make some great drones. They are too controlling. The squealing wheel gets the grease. It's amazing the change that can come about over a tea party.

Last edited:
I, for one, have not bought a new and improved drone since THEY started all the fuss. And I don't plan on buying anything again from DJI. They don't seem to have a problem with crippling hardware, that no longer belongs to them, if THEIR sensibilities are not respected. And all of you, flying their hardware, now get to be regulated by CHINA. And you defend it?
This has more to do with things you imagine rather than facts.

Tin_foil_hat_2.jpg

Personally I am happy with the regulation in my country(UK), I do not want to be on a commercial flight and be the first flight brought down by a Phantom.
I do understand risk, I worked in the risk business for years, I can balance the "any risk is too great", with the realities of modern life.
If you are unhappy with DJI, then time to move along, bitching on here will not change anything.
I'm in agreement with these sentiments. I have upgraded to the new software for my Phantom 4 and agree with the NFZ controls. I am in the UK and we don't have as many airports as in the States but ours are busy International ones. If it stops one lunatic from flying near planes then it has worked.

Reactions: Tarkington Studios
DJI is not trying to control your drone or anyone's phantom. What they try to do is making the drone safe or at least secure in the wrong hands. If these drones will not have any secure or safe mechanism in altitude or in controlled airspace. It will lead a disaster waiting to happen. I do not myself want to see in the news that a drone collided head on with an airplane.

Reactions: DocDiggler
Are you aware of a little thing called sarcasm? It's all the rage.

Hard to read sarcasm in such a simple typed message. My bad.

Hard to read sarcasm in such a simple typed message. My bad.
I just noticed that there were a few comments, including one of mine, deleted. If they were still up it would have been easier to detect lol.

I just noticed that there were a few comments, including one of mine, deleted. If they were still up it would have been easier to detect lol.

Yes those comments (including yours) were deleted for very good reason. I personally read those as well and I can still assure you it didn't help add anything to your comment.

If you have a problem with the posts being deleted let's discuss it in PM and not clutter up this thread any further.

Yes those comments (including yours) were deleted for very good reason. I personally read those as well and I can still assure you it didn't help add anything to your comment.

If you have a problem with the posts being deleted let's discuss it in PM and not clutter up this thread any further.
Wow that went south quick

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart