First crash

Reaction score
Hello all. New poster here. I did some browsing to get bearings on some different topics. Small details I couldn’t pinpoint in other posts to indicate I was on the right track.

First of all, first crash ever, year and half of owning my phantom 3 pro. Amazing drone, but made a semi rookie mistake. Easter weekend hanging out, flew it over the lake, and decided to try and capture the flight back to the group over the lake. I glanced down as it was flying and sure enough, looked up and it was a little too low, and going faster than I had anticipated. Tried to send up quickly, barely clipped the lanai cage, gimbal first. Small minor crack on the underside of one of the rear prop arms. And cracked camera absorbing board. Pulled all the pins out of the connectors on the gimbal side.

Struggled to find a camera board, and when I found one claiming to be Pro/Adv it came and was not exact match, didn’t have the holding prongs for the short wire loom. Seems to hold fine. Replaced, and repinned the connectors (kinda hoping to Hell it was in the correct order, after the crash I took a picture and it looked like they were pinned consecutively).

Put it all back together, threw the battery in and turned it on (didn’t power the app or controller, just wanted to see what it would do.) full charge batteries. Did gimbal dance, and then gimbal started shaking. At the same time, they started normal lights, and went to rapid yellow flashing, red rears, and the update light flashing rapid red. Battery circle light stays constant Red. Worried I may have pinned wrong, I am going to order new wires. Worried about having to extensively disassemble to get the much longer one. So I guess what I’m asking is, are all those lights consistent with the gimbal overload? Did I wire wrong? And how detrimental is it to replace the shell?

Attachments

• 4BCEC96A-83C1-4A66-958F-9B0843BF12F8.jpeg
    4BCEC96A-83C1-4A66-958F-9B0843BF12F8.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 316
  • 3B29EAC0-D8E5-4D54-8711-7CA4E59A1C68.jpeg
    3B29EAC0-D8E5-4D54-8711-7CA4E59A1C68.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 367
Could you not glue that plate to repair?

Although probably possible, not sure how it would change balance and weight, and for a $9 part, better safe than sorry. The one I purchased came with 8 suspension sets. So it was worth it

You should not glue that part. It is very cheap to buy, probably cheaper than the glue. I bough one for 3 USD in the past (search for phantom 3 camera mount or camera holder on aliexpress). Having this part glued could lead to greater damage the next time it is strained.

You should not glue that part. It is very cheap to buy, probably cheaper than the glue. I bough one for 3 USD in the past (search for phantom 3 camera mount or camera holder on aliexpress). Having this part glued could lead to greater damage the next time it is strained.

I definitely would not glue. Won’t structurally be the same, and for how cheap it is, won’t risk the whole drone or anyone else’s safety with shoddy parts

I didn’t realise how cheap it was to replace. I assumed it would be the usual made up inflated price.

That’s good to hear!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart