First Anniversary of Drone Registration: Are These Numbers Impressive?

Reaction score
Ok, I may have changed my stance of being against the drone registration program. This is the paragraph that lead me to think that registration might be all right:

“The rule and the registration system were primarily aimed at the thousands of drone hobbyists who had little or no experience with the U.S. aviation system,” says an FAA statement. “The agency saw registration as an excellent way to give them a sense of responsibility and accountability for their actions. The agency wanted them to feel they are part of the aviation community, to see themselves as pilots.”

First Anniversary of Drone Registration: Are These Numbers Impressive? - DRONELIFE

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I never had a problem with drone registration. I honestly don't really see the downside. If someone comes up to me while flying and says, "are you allowed to fly here?" (happens more than you would expect where I fly, a rural park) I am just able to tell them, "its okay, its officially registered with the FAA" and usually that settles them :)

Reactions: dgd3 and Wessex
I don't think that there has been a case of anyone of authority actually checking to see if your drone is registered ( if it has happened comment i'd like to hear about it) I don't know if law enforcement cares enough to check.

I don't think that there has been a case of anyone of authority actually checking to see if your drone is registered ( if it has happened comment i'd like to hear about it) I don't know if law enforcement cares enough to check.
Please see the attached file :grinning:

Attachments

• LEO_guidance_card.pdf
    80.2 KB · Views: 326
They can't lawfully force you to show registration and all that stuff unless they have RAS you have or are about to commit an actual crime. It would be an illegal terry stop otherwise.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl