Firmware update

Reaction score
I had not used my drone in a few months and when I turned it on it asked me to do an update since I have done this update the controller will not reconnect to the drone but says it is the aircraft will turn on and operate but there is no video feed or any information coming from the drone to the controller since the update...p4 plus

I had not used my drone in a few months and when I turned it on it asked me to do an update since I have done this update the controller will not reconnect to the drone but says it is the aircraft will turn on and operate but there is no video feed or any information coming from the drone to the controller since the update...p4 plus
Do you have a P4, or P4P+ ?

I'm confused with the last two words in your post.

OK, got it. FYI, you posted this in the wrong area. This is the Phantom 4 section, which is why I was assuming it was a Phantom 4 you had the problem. I suggest you post this in the Phantom 4 Pro section since that's a different product with different software. Since I'm unfamiliar with the P4P+ I can't help you. Maybe others in the P4P section can help.

Which firmware updates did you install? The aircraft, remote controller, or both?

I have a P4 and haven't flown in a while. Turned it on and told me I needed an A/C firmware upgrade. This was today; Nov 28, 2017. Connected A/C to Tablet...now it says firmware okay...didn't download anything? Also...it is stuck in A mode and I never fly in anything but P. Will not move. Backed out and it then said "Home point recorded" and showed GPS. Went back into A/C settings and it is still in A mode.
Max altitude won't go higher than 500m; (166'). Won't get me over many trees. RTH will not let me input any number. (Not in beginner mode)
Am in my house around WiFi, so interference is expected. I normally get video, but now it's all green screen. No telling what else is going on since I just turned it off in frustration.
Question is; did dji come out with a new firmware for the P4 in the last month? Has anyone else had this type of problem? Seriously thinking about dumping this thing and calling it a day!
It was easier to deal with the real thing that I sat in rather then this UAV.

I believe the last firmware update was in late July or August. It advertised some new modes like tripod mode etc. However, it also imposed new flight restrictions AND no longer allowed downgrading to previous versions. This update seemed to cause problems for some. One problem was the instructions were not clear since it was important to update the RC first, then the AC.

In my case, the latest version did change some of my flight characteristics but worse, restricted where I could fly. I chose to downgrade to the previous version, the one it had when I bought it. After getting a bunch of annoying messages to upgrade I downgraded the app. Now, it flies like it first did and the messages are at a minimum.

I think you need to be at the latest versions of AC, RC and app to work correctly. Some have found later versions of apps are taxing their devices as well. Or, downgrade to older versions which is tricky, but doable.

Geo

I believe the last firmware update was in late July or August. It advertised some new modes like tripod mode etc. However, it also imposed new flight restrictions AND no longer allowed downgrading to previous versions. This update seemed to cause problems for some. One problem was the instructions were not clear since it was important to update the RC first, then the AC.

In my case, the latest version did change some of my flight characteristics but worse, restricted where I could fly. I chose to downgrade to the previous version, the one it had when I bought it. After getting a bunch of annoying messages to upgrade I downgraded the app. Now, it flies like it first did and the messages are at a minimum.

I think you need to be at the latest versions of AC, RC and app to work correctly. Some have found later versions of apps are taxing their devices as well. Or, downgrade to older versions which is tricky, but doable.

Geo

Geo
Geo,
Thanks for the input. Then I actually have the latest firmware. It went smoothly and never had a problem...until now. Doesn't make sense that it would act up after being idle for over a month.
Will have to take some time to figure this out.

Yip I can't even conect after my new playstore update,it's all up the wally,waiting for another reply from dji support after explaining twice,version 4.1.18..was perfect before this got loaded

I normally don't like firmware updates, but what this one offered was too much to turn down. Love the tripod mode. Also the "follow-me" and map out a route. Worked fine for a couple months...then "whammo".

I normally don't like firmware updates, but what this one offered was too much to turn down. Love the tripod mode. Also the "follow-me" and map out a route. Worked fine for a couple months...then "whammo".
Yes got a admit I was avoiding firmware aswell but when I did it me performance in proved again,like the handbrake got taken off,I didn't even get to try the new update cause when I loaded it I could no longer conect,I can still conect with other device with other firmware on old djigo4 app but I am restricted to 50mtr even after sign in and out 10 times,,,good fun ay I got few Grey hairs from this one,pretty mad really ,but just got a laugh at it :)

I got an update screen and did the upgrade on my phantom for pro plus and the remote won’t connect to the plane all I have is a gray screen and no information from the plane to the controller I have no idea what to do.. although the gimbal does respond But there is no video feed at all

I have a phantom 4 and ipad mini 3, have never had a issue till 5 months ago i did a update and it started having video feed issues and pix elating and also lost range that it could fly.
A couple days ago i did the latest update and now its twice as bad, it wobbles bad especially when you get flow to land, has a cpu fully loaded message comes up and then by that time you cant see much on the screen because it sometimes disconnects or green screens. Also comes up with a interference message even if im standing in a paddock away from everything.
Not sure what going on as i can us another tablet that hasn't been updated and it works fine.
If you go through the DJI forum there is a mountain of unhappy people and it not just the P4 with issues.

Totally frustrated. Called DJI about my P4. As stated in previous post; hadn't flown for over a month. Got the bird out and had terrible interference...have seen this before since WiFi is around. Video was green. Couldn't set max alt, or RTH alt. Said I was in A mode. Still have the sticker over the Modes....always in P mode. Then message said I needed to upgrade firmware. I have latest; V.2.0.106. Using Win 10 DJI Assist 2, opened it, turned on P4, recognized P4, clicked on firmware upgrade and it said retry. Retried many times. Called DJI, he had me reset to factory, tried again, nope! Uninstalled DJI Assist 2, reinstalled, rebooted PC, tried again...nope. Called back, send it in. I asked if this would be under warranty and was told they would have to assess the damage first. WHAT DAMAGE???? It has never been damaged!!!! I don't even like to let it land...I catch it. I have a 2 week visit to the west coast coming up; (Live in Illinois). Was going to get some wonderful video of Mt Hood and around the Gorge.....guess that is out now!
I have read some really bad stories on these forums about DJI service. Hope I am not added to the list.

I have a phantom 4 and ipad mini 3, have never had a issue till 5 months ago i did a update and it started having video feed issues and pix elating and also lost range that it could fly.
A couple days ago i did the latest update and now its twice as bad, it wobbles bad especially when you get flow to land, has a cpu fully loaded message comes up and then by that time you cant see much on the screen because it sometimes disconnects or green screens. Also comes up with a interference message even if im standing in a paddock away from everything.
Not sure what going on as i can us another tablet that hasn't been updated and it works fine.
If you go through the DJI forum there is a mountain of unhappy people and it not just the P4 with issues.
You are right about the number of issues that have arisen from the latest iOS update (11.1.2) couple with the latest GO4 update (4.1.19). Similar experience to yours with the CPU message and a loss of telemetry/video display in the app. I use an iPhone 6+ which had never caused me grief in the past, so my cure was delete about 5GB of crap including apps that I didn't use, selecting a custom clean channel and dropping the transmission rate down to 4 Mbps. I also deleted my video cach and switched it off in an attempt to create less 'work' for my device to run both the app and the new iOS update. Seems to work just fine now although I'll be looking at a dedicated minimum A10 iOS device in the near future.

tevek....I had to do what you did to configure my settings so my Samsung Galaxy 10.5" Tab S wouldn't have the lag and break down of the video. It was great after the firmware upgrade. The upgrade was smooth and my P4 was perfect until I put it away for the bad weather coming to Illinois. Wx got better, so thought I would fly again....Wrong! Wonder what happened to it when I didn't fly for over a month? Gremlin's??? :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72