P3 Firmware Firmware update using SD card with Phantom 3 Standard?

Reaction score
Can you use SD card to update/downgrade firmware on Phantom 3 Standard? If so how/where do I download the firmware?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

no

Yes you can.. you put the update file only in the root of the sd card ( no subfolders) and turn on your phantom. It will do the update. Ive done it before!

Sent from my SM-G935F using PhantomPilots mobile app

standard in done thru wifi not sd card

Sorry..forgot a step.. unzip the update/downgrade file and put only the .bin file on the sdcard . Make sure nothing else is on the card.

If I can do it with a standard where do I get the firmware file?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Where do I get the firmware?

he is giving you bad advice standard is done thru wifi that's why on dji website under standard you don't see firmware downloads

Reactions: No_Fly_Zone
Yup it is generally done through wifi. but if you want to roll back or upgrade through sd you can.. sometimes it will say you dont have the option to downgrade in the app.

he is giving you bad advice standard is done thru wifi that's why on dji website under standard you don't see firmware downloads

Thanks! I have seen several users on this forum say that it can be done, however, they don't seem to "remember" how they got the firmware when they did it....?

plus if you downgrade or upgrade you have to due rc as well so makes no since with sd card not like p3a or p3p which is done with sd card only

But ocassionally the wifi updaye will fail. In my case i had severe range issues and had to roll back. However the app said i had nothing to roll back to. I think dji removed the firmware from the standard page. But it was there at one point.

(After 1.6.8 update) Phantom 3S Weak RC signal problem solved .
Have a look af this post .I am going to try it since my standard is now an expensive paper weight (15 m range) Just be careful After downloading v1.5 our computer went crazy I think it was because I opened it with Windows by mistake hopefully not a virus .Wife not happy computer off for repair !

I had my phantom advanced camera upgraded to professional 4k. I was having problems with the firmware update on the sd card. Maybe I need to do it w/ the wifi ???

My P3S flies beautifully......I think.........but it has the distance issue. Disconnecting after 50-60m :(.
I am not a tech guru....but would love to do some real flying now. Any help for a tough head ? with regards to solving firmware issue?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl