Firmware Update Problem, Help!!

Reaction score
I am traveling and turned on my drone to be hit with RC and drone connectivity issues. I need help! These are the events as they happened:

I turned on my remote and drone and they were not connecting (I hadn't flown it in a while). I then got a message on the remote controller saying it needs a firmware update (v1.6). I went through the update process and completed it. I then downloaded the firmware for the drone and tried to install it by dragging the .bin file onto the SD card (I deleted the old .bin file from a previous update). The drone would not update. The RC also keeps popping up with a message about how I need to install the firmware even though I already did it.

I am sure I did something wrong along the way. Please help!

OKAY, so I've updated my Phantom 3 Professional RC successfully to v1.6 and I've also updated my drone to v1.8.

Right now, I still have TWO problems.

(1) The drone and the RC are not connecting. The menu on my DJI Go app keeps saying Aircraft Disconnected.

(2) The DJI Go app displays the Phantom 4 instead of the Phantom 3 Professional when I plug my iPhone to the RC.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot????

You got you an expensive paper weight now! 4 days now unable to fly,didn't have any problems until I did the update! DJI NEEDS TO FIX THIS ****!

try to update other way, when you click DJI GO apps... theres a little box appear on top right corner .. push it until appear upgrade firmware menu.
then upgrade it.
on the process blue light come up with beep sound continuing .. until the proccess complete...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3