Firmware update new P4 - error code 0002

Reaction score
Posting this on behalf of a friend with the below problem.

I made the mistake of trying to upgrade the firmware with DJi app, seemed to go okay but then lost connection between devices about 60% and failed, drone still flew but couldn't connect to camera.
Downloaded latest software for pc and tried using the DJi Assistant 2 same result upgrade failed this time at 70% error code 0002.

Any tricks/ links or ideas on how to make the firmware upgrade work or reset to original will greatly appreciated ?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Your friend should try the following (in this order until the issue is resolved):

1) Reinstall the firmware via DJI GO (like this)
2) Reinstall the firmware via DJI Assistant 2 (like this)
3) Reset the firmware via via DJI Assistant 2
4) Get the firmware upgrade log (like this) and contact DJI support for help

If your friend needs more help, it would be easiest if he/she posted here directly.

Thanks for your help msinger. Have passed your info on. Hopefully it will fix the issue. Cheers [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Thanks for your help guys,
Unfortunately still seem to be having problems with firmware.
I have followed the advice in the links supplied and downgraded the RC to V1.580 and formatted the SD card > started aircraft and RC > connect RC to Ipad Pro, opened DJi Go and wait till upgrade message appears > disconnect from RC and connect to aircraft, the message appears again > download the upgrade and start updating.

I then get a popup message around 45% saying "Cannot use device" "DJi device not supprted" this message goes away.
Around 65% I get another popup "Unplug and re-plug data cable to refresh aircraft status" if I ignore this the update gets to 99% without ever finishing.
If i unplug & re-plug the cable when it asks same result 99% forever.

Tried updating via DJI Assistant gets to about 50% and displays message "lost connection to device" several times then seems to reconnect before failing around 65% with 0002 error, tried restarting aircraft/ re-entry, just keeps failing.
I've upload a report from the failed upgrade so hopefully might lead to some answers.
I think the problem might have started when i inadvertently upgraded the RC first.

In desperation I tried applying update to RC via the DJI GO, current version is now 01.02.0503.
Connected to aircraft current version is also 01.02.0503, neither come up with any available updates.

I calibrated the compass and flew around a bit the problem now seems that the camera works initially then fails with "No Image Transmission Signal"
Overall Status has a "Air Encoder Error: (0x2800020), suggests restart aircraft again the camera works the fails.

Any thoughts or is it a job for support?

thanks again, Mus

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl