Firefighters Can't Save People Burning in Cars Because of Drone

I just don't see how they could see the drone unless it was right on top of the fire and close to it.

I'll willing to bet this is all made up by the news and feds.

I'm a firefighter and I'll be honest here.... If a UAV ever interfered with firefighting operations I would shoot it down with a stream. No doubt about it.

youtube is full of videos with firefighters doing/trying just that.

but I have yet to see the video where the drone was actually causing any problems...

Not only was the image in the article taken from a helicopter, there is a helicopter in the picture!

So there were 2 copters in the air, but the firefighters could not go up there because of the drone.... Right.... And the news copters were not interfering.... Right.

I am actually starting to think, that the drones filming events are a threat to journalists, which is why the media is joining in the frenzy.

bingo ^^^^^

If a bird strike can smash out a windshield on an airplane, which they do all the time, can you see what a drone might do. As a licensed pilot I can see where these firefighting pilots are coming from. I will not fly my bird anywhere near where there might be full size aircraft for whatever reason.

If a bird strike can smash out a windshield on an airplane, which they do all the time, can you see what a drone might do. As a licensed pilot I can see where these firefighting pilots are coming from. I will not fly my bird anywhere near where there might be full size aircraft for whatever reason.

That's to say someone was actually flying over the fire in the first place. I think the whole story is made up.

So where are the pictures/video of the drone flying in the area?
Where are the actual firefighters commenting on screen about a drone?
Where are the bystanders saying they saw a drone over their burning cars?
What was it exactly that the firefighters changed when the saw this drone? Is there a firefighter on screen explaining the issue and what they had to do?
Prove to me there was a drone there at all.

So what happens when the is a residential fire and there is a car blocking the fire hydrant.... They let the house burn down? This is such bull

Reactions: Brad Pierce
So what happens when the is a residential fire and there is a car blocking the fire hydrant.... They let the house burn down? This is such bull

They actually have the authority to break the car windows and run the hose through the vehicle.

Definately a loss of perspective among many here.

Of course you're [proverbial] not concerned about drones in the vacinity of manned aircraft... your @$$ is safe on the ground!

Definately a loss of perspective among many here.

Of course you're [proverbial] not concerned about drones in the vacinity of manned aircraft... your @$$ is safe on the ground!

I keep hearing these "stories of drones over forest fires". Plenty of news crews, news helicopters, bystanders and not one has taken a picture of video of one? It's all hear say.

Seems all BS to me so the Feds have an excuse to pass drone laws more easily when the time comes.

The Media is not threatened.

Maybe a few manned aircraft related jobs, but, hundreds or thousands of drone related jobs will be created. A few pilots [dishonest???] will not matter.

Similar to the manual labor/industrial automation revoluting a few decades ago.

I keep hearing these "stories of drones over forest fires". Plenty of news crews, news helicopters, bystanders and not one has taken a picture of video of one? It's all hear say.

Seems all BS to me so the Feds have an excuse to pass drone laws more easily when the time comes.

The FAA doesn't like to hear stories like this, it makes it look like they are way too weak on managing drones,,that they should be much more limiting,,, it invites Congress to step in and control drones,,,which is something we do NOT want.

When this first happened at the lake fire, that drone was at 11,000'. It was a red and white plank. With those markings I truly belive it was a government drone.

Communication break down at its finest, who gets blamed? The hobbyists. ...

I'm the IT manager for the local fire departments up here in big bear and Noone believes it was a consumer drone at 11k.

The news reported that the I15 Cajon fire had a 45 mph wind, you could see the smoke laying down. I want to see a small drone fly in that kind of wind. Maybe I need more practice.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl