Find my Phantom - no map!

Reaction score
Find my phantom doesn't seem to work as expected.

Using Android 4.3, latest app ver 1.0.32, and also tried it on a friend's ipad. In both cases the PV and the device have good gps fixes.

Go to settings-> find my phantom 2 vision

I get :
1. A brief bit of chinese text.
2. My phone appears as blue dot and aircraft in red pin. but the background is not a map just a blank grid...
3. On the right bottom corner shows in red : Baidu地图

Anyone had the same issue?? Or found a fix?

I believe there is an issue with the Android version and the map not showing,
but works OK on my iPhone 5 App (1.028)

I did find that you need to disconnect from the Phantom Wi-Fi and get either
Internet access through the phone or a Wi-Fi network.

When I tried "Find my Phantom" when still being connected to the PV2, all I
had was the grid and pushpin.

Dave

Ok, I've now found that it seems it will only load maps via a mobile signal, not wifi....
And as most places I am have poor signal and no 3G that's a bit .. useless.
Even when it decides to load a map it's in Chinese and and is just a white screen if you zoom in to closer than all of Europe!
Now if it flew far enough to need that scale....

mitchsden said:
I believe there is an issue with the Android version and the map not showing,
but works OK on my iPhone 5 App (1.028)

I did find that you need to disconnect from the Phantom Wi-Fi and get either
Internet access through the phone or a Wi-Fi network.

When I tried "Find my Phantom" when still being connected to the PV2, all I
had was the grid and pushpin.

Dave

ditto iphone5 - disonnect and use 3G

gpauk said:
Ok, I've now found that it seems it will only load maps via a mobile signal, not wifi....
And as most places I am have poor signal and no 3G that's a bit .. useless.
Even when it decides to load a map it's in Chinese and and is just a white screen if you zoom in to closer than all of Europe!
Now if it flew far enough to need that scale....

If it works similar to the DJI ground station software I have with
my Wookong M, then a Chinese map shows when there is no internet connection if local
maps cannot be found.

To combat this without internet access, I had to view google maps of the location I was going to fly in, and
also zoom the map a little, all at home before I left to fly. This must have cached the area, and it was able to show
the map without the internet.

No idea if this will work with the PV2, but I have just turned off Wi-Fi and put my iPhone into Airplane mode, and
I can still view the location I flew earlier today, even after I closed the App and restarted it.

Worth a try maybe.

Dave

Yes, it does seem to have cached the map -- but it's still in chinese and had no detail if I try and zoom in closer than all of western europe.... Be better if they used google maps!

Ok.. Just had a play with the app on ipad mini.. Which has no mobile or gps, just wifi. The maps work fine once you zoom in and out a bit. All in english, and it has a satellite view from google earth...
So it's just the android app that's totally screwed map wise!

This is probably just common sense... but it's not how I thought the "find my phantom" ap worked. I shut mine down in a field down the street and it's still showing there... Then I realized that it works via GPS and I can't get a signal in the house, even though I turned on the Phantom and controller. The location on the map is the last known location of the phantom when it had GPS lock. I think... No?

-slinger

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl