'Find My Drone' Reliability? Tracking Alternatives?

Confirmed 27grams, the device i linked last post in this topic.
http://forum.rcdesign.ru/attachment.php ... 1388566680

i really think this will be the best choice for us all.
You could just extract the stopid gps123.org co-ordinates and paste them into your maps app of choice.

Battery life also seems true according to the google translation of this page:
http://forum.rcdesign.ru/f90/thread348092.html

Lighter, smaller and much better battery life instead of the tk102.

EDIT: Maybe sometimes it even sends google maps looking at that russian topic. they seem to mention google maps alot...i just dont know how to set it.

After further research, I'm almost sold on this Trax. I just found out it was a Kickstarter project which I happen to be a member of. I thought I would go to their webpage and look at the Kickstarter backer reviews to see first hand how well it works. The reviews can be seen here:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tr ... s/comments

It appears to work really well. Backers of the project only started receiving this item within the past week. I'm not sure yet what the expected delivery time for someone ordering now would be, but I can say that I'm very interested in this item. $250 sounds like a lot, but that also includes 2 years of service and the **** thing is so tiny and light at 30grams! And love that app that it comes with!
Check it: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tr ... s?ref=live

7-11 stores in canada and probably in the USA have a sim you can get that the money you put on it is good for 1 year from activation

Haha... Their presentation is quite well done and not that irritating though introduced by a kid. Product looks good indeed and can't blame you for getting one. Let us know when you have updates on shipment and, mainly, its effectiveness. Too bad i'm not in a covered zone cos I think i would most likely buy one as well.

srandall25 said:
I couldn't help myself. I just ordered one! I guess I'll be the Guinea Pig for this one! :) It's backordered and they said 'the next shipment is expected in May'. Hopefully that means I receive mine sometime this month.

That makes two of us...I ordered a blue one this morning. Mid-May anticipated delivery also.

Dirty Bird said:
srandall25 said:
I couldn't help myself. I just ordered one! I guess I'll be the Guinea Pig for this one! :) It's backordered and they said 'the next shipment is expected in May'. Hopefully that means I receive mine sometime this month.

That makes two of us...I ordered a blue one this morning. Mid-May anticipated delivery also.
Sweet! I ordered mine blue as well! You have to admit, the device, app, and video reviews of this device looks very polished! I love how small and light weight they were able to make it. I hope it works as good as the reviews and videos make it out to be.

Didjelirium said:
Haha... Their presentation is quite well done and not that irritating though introduced by a kid. Product looks good indeed and can't blame you for getting one. Let us know when you have updates on shipment and, mainly, its effectiveness. Too bad i'm not in a covered zone cos I think i would most likely buy one as well.
Did they advertise 'non-covered' zones? doh! ;)

Hello, I'm new and have been reading everything I can while I am waiting delivery of my PV2+ including trying to find a tracking device. I have been meaning to sign up but this prompted me to chime in on this subject. I was about place an order for the Trax and I came across this:

https://traxfamily.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/articles/200349422-Using-Trax-for-my-car-or-bike

I assume this could be a problem once your Phantom stops moving?

Hope the link works.

Also here about 4 lines from the bottom.

https://traxfamily.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/articles/200310982-Tracker-specifications

JoeyD said:
Hello, I'm new and have been reading everything I can while I am waiting delivery of my PV2+ including trying to find a tracking device. I have been meaning to sign up but this prompted me to chime in on this subject. I was about place an order for the Trax and I came across this:

https://traxfamily.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/articles/200349422-Using-Trax-for-my-car-or-bike

Hope the link works.

https://traxfamily.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/articles/200310982-Tracker-specifications

That seems a bit scary to me, shut off on its own, I don't know about all that, I PERSONALLY would always want it ON, until I turn it off! I would DEFINATELY look more into it, maybe you can shut off sleep mode, the TK-102b, you can! If you can not turn off sleep mode, I PERSONALLY, would find a different model which you can!
What if the tracker goes to sleep, your bird flies away? You would be DONE!
This one scares me a bit! But this is ONLY my opinion, please do what you want, but I would research it a bit more, it might do a lot of stuff you don't know about?

I would hate to see you loose your bird, over an inexpensive tracker!

Jerry D
USA
( J Dot )

J Dot said:
JoeyD said:

Hope the link works.

That seems a bit scary to me, shut off on its own, I don't know about all that, I PERSONALLY would always want it ON, until I turn it off! I would DEFINATELY look more into it, maybe you can shut off sleep mode, the TK-102b, you can! If you can not turn off sleep mode, I PERSONALLY, would find a different model which you can!
What if the tracker goes to sleep, your bird flies away? You would be DONE!
This one scares me a bit! But this is ONLY my opinion, please do what you want, but I would research it a bit more, it might do a lot of stuff you don't know about?

I would hate to see you loose your bird, over an inexpensive tracker!

Jerry D
USA
( J Dot )

I was about to pull the trigger but not now, at least until I find out if sleep can be disabled. It would be just my dumb luck losing both my Phantom and the $250 insurance policy all in one shot.

True,
There should be a way to turn off sleep, I would almost bet on it!
Please let me know what you find out! As this is an interesting tracke!

Jerry D
USA
( J Dot )

Good catch! I just sent an email to Trax support asking the question. It would be a real shame if you couldn't turn the sleep mode off. Hopefully it's a setting in the app. However, when I think about it, what new information is it going to give you by continuing to beacon the same GPS point once it's stationary... and if someone moves it, by design, it should leave sleep mode and beacon its new location. Ideally I would like to be able to have control over that, but when I think about it, I'm not so sure it's really an issue... provided it does indeed wake up when it is in motion and provides me the location it is at when it is not in motion.

I had to disable my sleep mode, because is take off with it ON, but when I landed it was OFF?
Then second problem, ( motion ) after I shut it off, if I bumped my phantom or moved it to clean,
The tracker would just turn itself on , then a couple days later is get a text ( your battery is getting low )
I was like HUH?, sure enough little green light flashing away, without a care in the world! Now I take the battery OUT!
( it won't get me again, cost me 2 days of service ) now on monthly plan $5 a month ( lol ) so watch out for motion option, may become your enemy! And leave you with dead battery, ultimately delaying your flight plans! Just a heads up!

Jerry D
USA
( J Dot )

J Dot said:
I had to disable my sleep mode, because is take off with it ON, but when I landed it was OFF?
Then second problem, ( motion ) after I shut it off, if I bumped my phantom or moved it to clean,
The tracker would just turn itself on , then a couple days later is get a text ( your battery is getting low )
I was like HUH?, sure enough little green light flashing away, without a care in the world! Now I take the battery OUT!
( it won't get me again, cost me 2 days of service ) now on monthly plan $5 a month ( lol ) so watch out for motion option, may become your enemy! And leave you with dead battery, ultimately delaying your flight plans! Just a heads up!

Jerry D
USA
( J Dot )
Good point.. With the Trax, I think I would just be leaving it on the charger until I'm ready to fly so the I don't see the standby sleep mode being an issue AS LONG AS it does wake up when in motion. That's what matters to me. If it gives me the GPS location where it's at all times, whether it's sleeping or not, it doesn't matter to me... it's all on the reliability of it providing that GPS coordinate when it stops and moves. Also, the $250 includes two years of coverage. Nothing is mentioned about limitations on use during that time, so if it were left on in standby, it's still included in the coverage price already paid.

I can tell you so far that "Bob" with Drone-Mods.com ([email protected]) was "on it". I sent him a question via email and he responded within minutes. When I placed the order I got another personal email from him letting me know he got the order and what to expect. So far I'm really impressed.

i find it weird no one replies to my finds and posts in this topic. compared to all the other stuff the functions are perfect for a UAV and its super cheap too.
i guess i need to review it first xd

borgqueenx said:
i find it weird no one replies to my finds and posts in this topic. compared to all the other stuff the functions are perfect for a UAV and its super cheap too.
i guess i need to review it first xd
Your first link is broken. The second link goes to a Russian website (it wasn't translated).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT