Few problems

Reaction score
Hi

Few issues that i've noticed. And help needed if anyone knows answers

How do you change the timecode of the video files. Its showing year 1951. Stills are fine

Pal mode dont show any framerates higher than 50fps. On Ntsc i can see up to 120. Why is this?

And third. On my last flight there where mysterious jpeg files on memory card. Setting was raw and still is.
Or is file format jpeg when you take stills during video rec is on?

There are known issues with most of us on the time stamp code on files. Did you update your bird first? I am not sure if the firmware update last week fixed the time stamp or no as I have not had a chance to get out with our weather here.

Not sure what you mean by Pal mode or Ntsc. But each level of resolution has and associated possible frame rate at that resolution. On a P4P you can record 4K up to 60fps. At 1080p you can go up to 120fps. I forget what it is in 2k. Maybe 48fps. I always shoot in 4k period.

And third, not sure why you are shooting stills while in video mode. But yes i'm guessing that if shoot a still while in video mode it will be a jpeg. If you shoot a still in picture mode then it will be a Raw file like you have it set. You can always pull stills from a video clip later in your editing software if you have that capability. But just know that stills in video mode are only gonna be recorded with 12 megapixels instead of the sensors full 20mp capability.

Hi

Few issues that i've noticed. And help needed if anyone knows answers

How do you change the timecode of the video files. Its showing year 1951. Stills are fine

My videos are dated 1951 as well. The lastest firmware update did not fix it.

Pal and ntsc are broadcasting standards used in different continents. Like here in Europe we use fps like 25/50/100 and in US the ntsc fps is 24/48... basic stuff. Problem is that if you want use for example dslr footage and drone footage in same edit, you must use same brodacasting standard or you end up to some frameloss. And that means Clichy footage. Thats why I am asking where the h... is 100 fps if pal standard?

My videos are dated 1951 as well. The lastest firmware update did not fix it.
Supposedly there is a work around reformatting your SD card to exFat to FAT32 I believe. This means you can only record files or save files up to 4GB. But all frames are still there even though it cuts them into two files. I have not tried this as I am hoping that it is resolved in an update.

Pal and ntsc are broadcasting standards used in different continents. Like here in Europe we use fps like 25/50/100 and in US the ntsc fps is 24/48... basic stuff. Problem is that if you want use for example dslr footage and drone footage in same edit, you must use same brodacasting standard or you end up to some frameloss. And that means Clichy footage. Thats why I am asking where the h... is 100 fps if pal standard?
Ok I think I know where your at now. NTSC is US format and PAL is the European format. So you are not seeing 100fps in PAL setting? I do know that if your in H265 that you can only go up to 30fps. It is H264 setting that allows the full 60fps in 4K. Hopefully someone from Europe can help you on this. Sorry man.

Supposedly there is a work around reformatting your SD card to exFat to FAT32 I believe. This means you can only record files or save files up to 4GB. But all frames are still there even though it cuts them into two files. I have not tried this as I am hoping that it is resolved in an update.

The P4P seems to have issues with date and time stamps on ExFat formatted cards. Note that formatting SDXC cards (64 GB and higher) within the drone will format to ExFat while formatting SDHC cards (32 GB or lower) will format to FAT-32. Regardless of format the drone still has a 4 GB file size limit. This seems to be a common limitation, my Panasonic GH4 does the same thing and it uses ExFat.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
On my last flight there where mysterious jpeg files on memory card. Setting was raw and still is.
Or is file format jpeg when you take stills during video rec is on?

If you take a photo when you are recording video, the file will saved as JPG, regardless you have set only RAW.
It's not a bug, it's a hardware limitation. I don't know a camera in the market that can take pictures in RAW while record video...

Enviado desde mi Nexus 6P mediante Tapatalk

If you take a photo when you are recording video, the file will saved as JPG, regardless you have set only RAW.
It's not a bug, it's a hardware limitation. I don't know a camera in the market that can take pictures in RAW while record video...

Enviado desde mi Nexus 6P mediante Tapatalk
It will also be limited to the size of the video recording selected (just as if you were capturing a frame post-recording). Makes still recording on-the-fly during video recording pretty useless, but understandably so.

It will also be limited to the size of the video recording selected (just as if you were capturing a frame post-recording). Makes still recording on-the-fly during video recording pretty useless, but understandably so.
You are right about the video recording quality affecting a still from it. But if you are recording in 4K (which my bird never leaves that setting) I wouldn't say that the still is totally useless. But sure is not gonna be the full 20mp sensor capture. But it's still almost a 12mp capture I believe. But I would still never shoot stills this way as I am pretty picky about best image from the full sensor. Old phtographer I guess. LOL I get that some would want to do this though so they don't have to stop in the middle of a video pass and shoot stills. But you just have to do it to get the best image.

Reactions: Techcop50

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel