Feiyu Tech 3d mini pitch limits.

Reaction score
Just installed this gimbal on my Phantom 2 standard. All works well so far, however I can only control pitch via X1 control to certain gimbal built in limits. No tweaking of the Phantom 2 assistant or RC assistant software seem to make any difference. The only adjustments to the gimbal seem to be via the firmware dowloads from Feiyu Tech site. Any one else managed to adjust this gimbals range of pitch yet?

Just installed this gimbal on my Phantom 2 standard. All works well so far, however I can only control pitch via X1 control to certain gimbal built in limits. No tweaking of the Phantom 2 assistant or RC assistant software seem to make any difference. The only adjustments to the gimbal seem to be via the firmware dowloads from Feiyu Tech site. Any one else managed to adjust this gimbals range of pitch yet?

If you check the specs for the mini 2d gimbal you will see it says tilt down 90deg up 45deg. This gimbal isnt made for slinging under a quad, consequently i have 45deg down and 90deg up because the gimbal is supposed to be on top on a helmet/dashboard etc. I suspect the 3d is the same and youre right there are firmware upgrades only no software adjustment support. The Naza assistant doesnt talk to this gimbal even with all Feiyu downloads installed. Whats needed is another driver to make it compatible to the Naza, but i suspect there are physical limits in the gimbal. So unless you can topmount the gimbal youre stuck with 45deg downward tilt. What a let down nobody seems to have reviewed this limitation if you sling it under a quad.

Ok thanks for your reply. Although this gimbal is advertised and sold as a quad gimbal. There are many videos showing it slung under a quad. I am using the position firmware, the speed firmware allows full movement in pitch, almost 340 deg. Problem is without FPV you don't know where it's pointing. So that's my next project FPV.

Ok thanks for your reply. Although this gimbal is advertised and sold as a quad gimbal. There are many videos showing it slung under a quad. I am using the position firmware, the speed firmware allows full movement in pitch, almost 340 deg. Problem is without FPV you don't know where it's pointing. So that's my next project FPV.

The 2d spec sheet says tilt 90deg down 45deg up total 135deg!
I'm getting 90 up 45 down which suggests it is made for a top mount, hence the reversed values. the 3d may well be different, although the 2d is sold as suitable for aircraft.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl