Feeling torn -IOSD/FPV/GS

Reaction score
I am really wanting to be able to see my telemetry when flying my Phantom 2 Non Vision. I know that I can add the IOSD Mini, but is there anyway to actively see it without having an FPV kit? If I get the ground station and want to fly using the tx, will it give me an active reading on my distance/height?

I would be inclined to do the FPV kit but there are to many options and I am a simple Person :D . What I really want is to just buy a plug and play setup that works without any soldering or having to visit sites to buy a combination of items. Anyone know a single kit that sells everything necessary for FPV/telemetry/GS/monitor as a plug and play solution?

Thanks in advance!

My setup is essentially plug'nPlay. I have aP2, Zen 2axis gimbal, Gopro, IOSD Mini and Immersion 600 mw transmitter. You can buy a cable to connect everything and no soldering is necessary. I also have a 5820 Diversity Monitor (aka Black pearl and several other brands) and a mini DVR I bought of eBay for $34 to record the tranmistted video with IOSD telemetry. Check this thread to see my set up

http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11441

I also have a ground station but have not had the time to install and use it yet, so I cannot speak to its capabilities.

Now if you're not interested in GoPro quality video, you might be able to skip the Gimbal/Gopro. Dont have a link, but I've seen a Fatshark FPv camera that would transmit video through the Tx and even has an SD card to record on board video.

Hope that helps

I don't think there is an all inclusive kit, but that's a good thing. The more you get into this, you'll find different things that will work better for you. Although you could get by with less, I think you need everything to complete your experience.

You can start with this package...

http://www.helipal.com/dji-ipad-ground- ... fgodBxAAsw

It's the Ground Station with the mini iosd included. You won't have FPV, but you'll have basic telemetry and you'll have the ability to program autonomous flights.

I feel a lot more comfortable using GS for long distance flights versus flying FPV.

Diesel31 said:
I don't think there is an all inclusive kit, but that's a good thing. The more you get into this, you'll find different things that will work better for you. Although you could get by with less, I think you need everything to complete your experience.

It's the Ground Station with the mini iosd included. You won't have FPV, but you'll have basic telemetry and you'll have the ability to program autonomous flights.

I feel a lot more comfortable using GS for long distance flights versus flying FPV.

Great price! I paid $200 for the GS and like $70 for the mini IOSD

this is a hobby thing , learn and go . if you want everything , it is available, but pricey .

jondrew said:
Diesel31 said:

Great price! I paid $200 for the GS and like $70 for the mini IOSD

Not simple though. He's looking for a simple solution

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To answer the question about the GS, yes it will give you an active reading on that telemetry (on your iPad or PC), whether you have the iOSD or not. However, if you're going to get the GS now, I also recommend just getting a bundle like the one suggested above, and either save or sell the extra parts you won't use now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen