Feedback

Reaction score
5cf6d346dc2d2ef4b6f3c880690afdfe.jpg

Just started flying my p4 and changed the filter to a n8 for this particular picture. Slightly edited using the dji app.

I was flying at my local golf course with permission and just wondered what people think of this picture? They asked if I could take them a new picture for their website and I quite like this one but wondered if it needs enhancing any more?

Thanks for feedback

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Came from the cache haven't took SD card out yet to do anything with

The image on the SD is almost always going to be better than the cached one. But i would imagine that you might still need some post processing to increase the saturation and brighten up the colors. IMO, you really don't need ND filters for still shots. In general, you want faster shutter speeds to cut down on blurring. Give it a shot with the camera just in the "auto" mode and no filter. BTY, you don't say where you are, but a word of warning, taking a picture for the golf course to use on their webpage would be considered a commercial activity here in the US and would require the pilot to have a Part 107 ticket. Not trying to be the drone police, just a friendly warning.

The image on the SD is almost always going to be better than the cached one. But i would imagine that you might still need some post processing to increase the saturation and brighten up the colors. IMO, you really don't need ND filters for still shots. In general, you want faster shutter speeds to cut down on blurring. Give it a shot with the camera just in the "auto" mode and no filter. BTY, you don't say where you are, but a word of warning, taking a picture for the golf course to use on their webpage would be considered a commercial activity here in the US and would require the pilot to have a Part 107 ticket. Not trying to be the drone police, just a friendly warning.

Thanks for the tip I'm in the UK and was asked just as a favour. If I got a good picture could the use it. I'll try using the normal lenses and change the shutter speed to see what I get. I'm just getting used to having the p4 and they get amazing sunrises and sunsets so decided I'd ask to fly there and seemed a fair compromise

Agree with prior posts regarding your picture ... Sometimes in certain lights NDs do help with still shots ... to reduce glares or enhance overly bright areas ... Not to be contrary to prior post ... just don't put them away entirely :) .. you'll find uses for them with both stills and video , especially sunsets and sunrises. That said I run AUTO a lot more than others do and have ND4 or 8 on almost 100 % of the time. They seem to just produce a clarity and color that works for me with little to no post editing required...sometimes desired :) Like anything, it takes practice... my shots now are significantly better than the first 2 months of ownership and I presume my shots this summer will be better than what I am doing now... Experience and trial and error. Don't get discouraged..just keep shooting your exposure dial on the right of the controller is your friend ;-) Oh an also 90% of the time the picture you see on the tablet is darker than what the phantom actually takes ..so error on the side of a slightly darker shot and you'll probably be at just the right lighting. SD Card image is always your real image ... Cached images are just previews or thumbnails..

Agree with prior posts regarding your picture ... Sometimes in certain lights NDs do help with still shots ... to reduce glares or enhance overly bright areas ... Not to be contrary to prior post ... just don't put them away entirely :) .. you'll find uses for them with both stills and video , especially sunsets and sunrises. That said I run AUTO a lot more than others do and have ND4 or 8 on almost 100 % of the time. They seem to just produce a clarity and color that works for me with little to no post editing required...sometimes desired :) Like anything, it takes practice... my shots now are significantly better than the first 2 months of ownership and I presume my shots this summer will be better than what I am doing now... Experience and trial and error. Don't get discouraged..just keep shooting your exposure dial on the right of the controller is your friend ;-) Oh an also 90% of the time the picture you see on the tablet is darker than what the phantom actually takes ..so error on the side of a slightly darker shot and you'll probably be at just the right lighting. SD Card image is always your real image ... Cached images are just previews or thumbnails..

Thank you for the tips. Tbh I completely forgot about the exposure thumb wheel something to have a bit play around with next time I'm out. I didn't realise the tablet would be darker. I've always made the image right on my tablet and that will explain the over exposure on the sky I have on most my pictures.

Another thing to try is to use a still from a video rather than a photo. Not sure about the P4 but the P3's gave better quality stills this way.

I don't really think this photo easily tells you that it's a golf course, so maybe try a closer shot or different angle.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl